Tank's Urine Looks Like Milk???

Tank'sMom

Location (City and/or State)
Olmito, Tx
I have never really seen his urine before... He's always peed in the grass and I've never really seen it. His stool looks normal. Is this normal?

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
So, that's a healthy urine? I'm assuming the white color has something to do with calcium... Does that mean his diet is good and he's healthy??

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The white part is the uric acid, how they get rid of their urine. It is not really a diet indicator, besides telling how well hydrated the tortoise is.

puffy137

The white part, urates, you want it to be a creamy texture, not gritty. If it's gritty, need more hydration, creamy, your/him doing good on hydration.
Wellington Darling, hmm, how do I know if its gritty or not , do I have to rub it between index finger & thumb? Here I go with another quote'Prithee do not turn me about, my stomach is not constant' (just joking) :D:D:D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Wellington Darling, hmm, how do I know if its gritty or not , do I have to rub it between index finger & thumb? Here I go with another quote'Prithee do not turn me about, my stomach is not constant' (just joking) :D:D:D
:p
You can usually tell. If there are visible lumps or it looks 'chalky', he's too dry :)