Tanks place

Katie11

Location (City and/or State)
Baker fl
Put in alot of back breaking work today...lots of toting 2x12s...but it's coming along...I built raised flower beds on the outsides of the enclosures..so far I've got 5 of them 14 ft long? I love flowers that I can pick and feed to Tank...anyone got suggestions or recommendations for planting? I got lots of day lilies and geraniums...Mexican petunia and hibiscus..20210221_165410.jpg

Katie11

Baker fl
I
My torts love sweet alyssum
Think there is some sweet asylum in a wildflower mix I bought to plant but it also has some stuff toxic to torts like blackeyed susans. I'm thinking of planting all of that mix at the pasture fence line so I can pick to feed them and pick to make my house bouquets ??? thanks?

Katie11

Baker fl
Do you have iPhone? Try taking in the PANO mode.
???I'm doing good to work this android. I had to stand on top my jeep to get some pics. I know its sad but I'll see if I can do better next pics I take
You don't need to 'fit it all in', just as much as you can. I hope you stick around and we get to see the end result with tortoises in it...
I'm definitely sticking around ? this is my social media...I dont do Facebook or phone games my time goes to torts and research ? I really enjoyed seeing all the big guys n gals on ur calling all sulcata thread

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
???I'm doing good to work this android. I had to stand on top my jeep to get some pics. I know its sad but I'll see if I can do better next pics I take

I'm definitely sticking around ? this is my social media...I dont do Facebook or phone games my time goes to torts and research ? I really enjoyed seeing all the big guys n gals on ur calling all sulcata thread
I just said something because as you suspect I am a Sulcata person and would certainly build big pens like that if I could. But when I tipped my head to see the photos...I got the old lady dizzies...lol

Katie11

Baker fl
Hey Maggie I did it??and I found a panoramic mode on my pics lol so the 1st is Tank enjoying a day finally that hit 80 2nd pic is his larger enclosure 3rd pic is the enclosures for the girls coming later but I'm putting a fence in between them 4th pic is a soaking pool for either girl and last pic will be one of the girls enclosure I still got to put a soaking pool in that one....now to plant some flowers

Katie11

Baker fl
This is great looking space for tortoises! You've done yourself proud!!!
Thank u so much..there's still night boxes to build and more stuff to plant for their appetites...I cant wait for it all to be done and the torts to be happy..I even got little benches in each enclosure so I can sit and watch em?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey Maggie I did it??and I found a panoramic mode on my pics lol so the 1st is Tank enjoying a day finally that hit 80 2nd pic is his larger enclosure 3rd pic is the enclosures for the girls coming later but I'm putting a fence in between them 4th pic is a soaking pool for either girl and last pic will be one of the girls enclosure I still got to put a soaking pool in that one....now to plant some flowers
Oh man! I would go insane if I had that room! Nice work. And sweet looking tort. How old is he?

Katie11

Baker fl
Oh man! I would go insane if I had that room! Nice work. And sweet looking tort. How old is he?
I really don't know I got him as a rescue that I gladly paid for bc his living conditions broke my heart...his my 1st tort but not gonna be my only...I'm gonna be the crazy tortoise lady of northwest FL one day lol