Tanker doesnt want to eat much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
hey everyone!
I have noticed that Tanker does not want to eat much or nothing at all. Its hot here in ny but i keep the ac on. its 100-105 under his basking spot and 80 on one side and 70-75 on the other side. several spots to hide. a water dish that always has water. I started giving him these tortoise pebbles. he loves them. I used to give him dark greens with carrots and broccoli everyday and he would munch it right up. I stopped giving him carrots and broccoli everyday and now he doesn't even want to eat the greens. the only thing he wants to eat are these pebbles. what should I do?

bpham93

5 Year Member
Try not to feed him, let him get hungry and then try feeding the greens.

Hope that helps.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You can wet the pebble food and then cut broad leafy greens into tiny pieces and then mix it together with the softened pebbles...then eventually decrease the pebbles....

You don't have to remove the pebbles entirely (but I would make sure that the pebbles have nutritional value) if they are good stuff for the tort....but would be good to offer some tough love until you strike a beneficial balance on the diet ....

rocky1998

5 Year Member
Scotland
Try feeding him a varied diet .... He's probably bored of his diet ... My torts were too ! Until I introduced dandelion leaves and flowers , rose petals , parsley , mallow , rocket, red leaf lettuce, ice plants , hibiscus leaves and flowers ... Of course with water Available at all times

1 dwarf hamster
2 Russian torts
5 freshwater fish

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
rocky1998 said:
Try feeding him a varied diet .... He's probably bored of his diet ... My torts were too ! Until I introduced dandelion leaves and flowers , rose petals , parsley , mallow , rocket, red leaf lettuce, ice plants , hibiscus leaves and flowers ... Of course with water Available at all times

1 dwarf hamster
2 Russian torts
5 freshwater fish

where do I find the stuff you listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.