Tank and Bowser

phengx83

Location (City and/or State)
Spring Hill, FL
Torts at it again. Today's menu is Mazuri, Hibiscus leaf and flower, Opuntia cactus, and grass cuttings. Ferocious eaters, nothing left. Maybe I should up there portion? any suggestions?.

Attachments

• Tank 1.JPG
    Tank 1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • Tank 2.JPG
    Tank 2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • Tank and Bower 1.JPG
    Tank and Bower 1.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Tank and Bower 2.JPG
    Tank and Bower 2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • Tank and Bower 3.JPG
    Tank and Bower 3.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 21

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Our usual rule of thumb is to feed enough that there's a little left at the end of the day. I don't know why that wouldn't work for aldabras too.

lazybfarm

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Alabama
I always adjust to where they never really run out of something to eat if they want it

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
Torts at it again. Today's menu is Mazuri, Hibiscus leaf and flower, Opuntia cactus, and grass cuttings. Ferocious eaters, nothing left. Maybe I should up there portion? any suggestions?.
That looks so delicious I want a bite! I believe ideally you should always keep grass trays available and supplement with the buffet meals.

phengx83

Spring Hill, FL
Thank you for the great tip. I always have have hay available all around the enclosure. I also soak a little bit of Mazuri and break it down to a paste and coat it on the grassland tortoise pellets from Kapidolo farms. Its cold here so fresh grass is not available at the moment. growing some indoor at the moment also. I see hay in their moths in the morning so at least I know they are eating it when nothing is available. I also check and clean the enclosure daily and I find some nice fibrous poop lol.