Taco poses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
So I thought it was time for a couple of recent photos of Taco. She continues to be Ms. Picky Eater, but the first time I gave her butternut squash she sampled it heartily:
545.jpg

So earlier this week we got about two feet of snow, but by yesterday (the 30th) it was 65 degrees and warm outside. Today is also very warm, so I took Taco outside for a little stroll on the patio:
581-1.jpg

I was very surprised when Taco decided to climb up onto the snow, despite falling through when her full weight came down. I took her off because I didn't want her to get cold, but she marched right back over there and attempted to scale it again!
579-1.jpg

I'm working hard to spoil her rotten if I can....:p

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Aww so cute, pretty colours, how do you do that...paint? Does it harm their shell!
Lol i can imagine her falling through bless

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Kymiie said:
Aww so cute, pretty colours, how do you do that...paint? Does it harm their shell!
Lol i can imagine her falling through bless

Ugh, I painted it with nail polish before I knew better. It was only to be able to find her when she disappears into the foliage in summer.:p

jdawn

5 Year Member
Southwest
Taco is very cute and adventurous! Maybe you should get her a little sled?

Madortoise

5 Year Member
The last picture is hilarious. She seems like a joy to watch.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Thanks. Of course I think she is the most beautiful tortoise on this forum, even with her misshapen shell.;)

(Possible exception: those gorgeous radiated tortoises. Don't tell Taco I said that!):rolleyes:

Anfi

5 Year Member
I don't like this kind of "art". Tortoise is not a doll! Do you know that nail polish (that is usually based on ethyl acetate or acetone) is toxic? When you use it on tortoise's carapace you also block air and water access...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anfi said:
I don't like this kind of "art". Tortoise is not a doll! Do you know that nail polish (that is usually based on ethyl acetate or acetone) is toxic? When you use it on tortoise's carapace you also block air and water access...

Its alright, Anfi. Stephanie did this to her tortoise a long time ago when she didn't know any better. She has since become a good tortoise mommy and is doing right by her tortoise, but the act has been done and now we just have to wait for it to wear off. Actually what you say about air and water access is an old wives tale. There's nothing wrong with painting the carapace as long as you don't get the paint on the tender new-growth areas, which Stephanie was careful to avoid.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stephanie, Taco looks really happy to be outside enjoying the snow :D Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Stephanie: I agree with Terryo. Those pictures are beautiful. Taco seems very happy and having a blast "snowtorting."

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Thanks, guys! Thanks, too, Yvonne, for coming to my rescue on the nail polish, which was noted and apologized for in post #4!:(

It really was funny that despite my removing her from the cold and potentially dangerous snow, she just gave me "the look" and toddled right back over to the drift and started hauling herself up again. Kids!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.