Table mock up

Jonesy7178

Location (City and/or State)
Aurora
What do you guys think of this mock up looking for opinions before I build. The blue lids will be on hinges and made of green house plastic to keep in humidity. 2 ceramic heaters in the middle or one ceramic and one light and then 2 t5 fluorescents on the far side. There will also be a hole in the side to port in my fogger. Total size is 7x3x1.5

My biggest quiz do you think I’ll be able to keep enough heat and humidity for my cherry head red foot
Thanks

Attachments

• AA9964B3-5077-46ED-821C-7D448DD58951.png
    AA9964B3-5077-46ED-821C-7D448DD58951.png
    219 KB · Views: 16
  • 84C2EA31-E1B8-4A23-B47E-8C81F5449843.png
    84C2EA31-E1B8-4A23-B47E-8C81F5449843.png
    378.8 KB · Views: 15

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I have basically the same enclosure layout for my redfoot but the measurements are 4 x 8. Having 2 100w CHE's in the middle keeps my temperatures at 82~ degrees when my house temp is at 65 or 70.

If I could redo the set up I would try to make my doors smaller and have the CHE's a bit more spread out. The middle area where I have them and where you anticipate them to be is incredibly dry and a bit much. If I had them spread out a bit I think it would be more of an ambient temp, however I cannot change this due to the size of my doors. The ends of the enclosure however are very humid.

I also wonder - the one side without any light will be quite dark (duh) as I have experimented with having 1 vs 2 UVB tubes in my enclosure. The darkness is fine for redfoots / cherry heads but I have experience getting cobweb mold on the surface of my substrate in those areas. just a thought.

Jonesy7178

Aurora
I have basically the same enclosure layout for my redfoot but the measurements are 4 x 8. Having 2 100w CHE's in the middle keeps my temperatures at 82~ degrees when my house temp is at 65 or 70.

If I could redo the set up I would try to make my doors smaller and have the CHE's a bit more spread out. The middle area where I have them and where you anticipate them to be is incredibly dry and a bit much. If I had them spread out a bit I think it would be more of an ambient temp, however I cannot change this due to the size of my doors. The ends of the enclosure however are very humid.

I also wonder - the one side without any light will be quite dark (duh) as I have experimented with having 1 vs 2 UVB tubes in my enclosure. The darkness is fine for redfoots / cherry heads but I have experience getting cobweb mold on the surface of my substrate in those areas. just a thought.
Thank you so much for the info. How big is your cherry head in that size enclosure. Also I wonder how I could combat the mold maybe adding a light on the other side that gets turned on every once and awhile. Any pics of your set up?

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Thank you so much for the info. How big is your cherry head in that size enclosure. Also I wonder how I could combat the mold maybe adding a light on the other side that gets turned on every once and awhile. Any pics of your set up?

Well I have a regular redfoot not a cherryhead, and she is about 15 x 8 inches.

I do have two lights in the center as well. If you had one UV in the middle and it was horizontal (I have 2 vertically placed UV tubes 36") I think it would work a lot better than what I am doing. I will have to do some digging for pictures, they are in older posts but not on the comp I am using at the moment

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Here is a thread I made about the enclosure (with pictures): https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/condensation-issues-with-wood-treated.186695/#post-1880837

and I had this ms paint outline with uv strips and che placement
1613361816542.png

The issue I faced with condensation on the doors should not be a problem for you if the doors are plastic and if you space the heaters out a little bit more from each other.

Last edited:

Jonesy7178

Aurora
Here is a thread I made about the enclosure (with pictures): https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/condensation-issues-with-wood-treated.186695/#post-1880837

and I had this ms paint outline with uv strips and che placement
1613361816542.png

The issue I faced with condensation on the doors should not be a problem for you if the doors are plastic and if you space the heaters out a little bit more from each other.
Wow that enclosure looks amazing hopefully my woodworking skills will be good enough. I like your idea I might add one more light to the dark side or maybe in the middle next to the heat lamps

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Wow that enclosure looks amazing hopefully my woodworking skills will be good enough. I like your idea I might add one more light to the dark side or maybe in the middle next to the heat lamps
you could do something like this
1614064574482.png
a VERY crude drawing of the UV strip and che placement in the middle. I did not include the doors