T5 or T8 UV LIGHT

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Bristol Uk
hi mark, please can you tell me if i need one of these with the T5 kit? at the moment i have the t8 with a controller, will the T5 work from that?

Not sure what you mean by "T5 kit". The arcadia pro T5 kit does come with the fixture, reflector and bulb - so all you need. If you just got a T5 bulb, it will not work in your T8 controller and fittings holding the bulb. A T8 bulb is 1" in diameter. A T5 bulb is 5/8" in diameter. The T5 also uses different wattage.
aaaahhh, so a controller is not required then as is the t8? the bulb and fitting is here and i just wanna be prepared for when the bigger viv arrives

Attachments

• ckbgk4ubqro__96579.1626946755.jpg
    ckbgk4ubqro__96579.1626946755.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 4

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Bristol Uk
Not sure what you mean by "T5 kit". The arcadia pro T5 kit does come with the fixture, reflector and bulb - so all you need. If you just got a T5 bulb, it will not work in your T8 controller and fittings holding the bulb. A T8 bulb is 1" in diameter. A T5 bulb is 5/8" in diameter. The T5 also uses different wattage.
omg i'm so stupid, just opened the box and can see it plugs straight in, sorry Mark, thankyou for your help, really appreciate it.