T-Rex Coconut Bark Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Has anyone out there ever tried the T-Rex Coconut Bark subtrate on the enclosure of your tortoise?If yes,what do you think of it?Would you highly recommend the T-Rex Coconut Bark substrate?
Thanks.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I use the coconut bark with my substrate. (I'm not sure if it's T-Rex, I think it's Bed a Beast.) It's okay - I like cypress mulch better. It dries out easily. I use it in my box turtle and red foot pens over a thick layer of peat moss to hold the moisture in. It keeps things a little cleaner, but by the end of the summer it's all mixed in. Hope this was somewhat helpful to you. :)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I prefer the coconut coir (comes in many brand names) over the bark as its easier for torts to walk on and dig in. We didn't like the bark. Anything with smaller particles I prefer actually. But, try a few out and see what you think. Everyone has their favorites.

My Little Louie

5 Year Member
I mix blue iguana coco soft bedding by Caribsea and mix it with long fibered sphagnum moss that you get by your garden section thats made by mosser lee.Thats all I have ever had, never tried anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.