swollen shut eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el paso tx
i have had ornate turtles for thirty years, however the last couple of years the newborns have had swollen shut eyes that never open. the only difference i can think of is they have been kept in a 5' x 5' enclosure the last year due to a new yard with pool and rowdy dog. any suggestions?? there are only three adults in this enclosure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know what your weather's like, but you need to warm them up (bring them inside to a hospital tank??). Then soak them in the baby food water. At least once a day, but twice would be better for at least a week. Gerber baby food sweet potatoes or squash or carrots. Mix a half jar with a half jar of water into a small bowl and leave the babies in there for at least a half hour. You can put a light on them to keep them warm. The swollen eyes is because the babies haven't been eating.

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
el paso tx
emysemys said:
I don't know what your weather's like, but you need to warm them up (bring them inside to a hospital tank??). Then soak them in the baby food water. At least once a day, but twice would be better for at least a week. Gerber baby food sweet potatoes or squash or carrots. Mix a half jar with a half jar of water into a small bowl and leave the babies in there for at least a half hour. You can put a light on them to keep them warm. The swollen eyes is because the babies haven't been eating.

thx emysemys , i will try it

Status
Not open for further replies.