Sweetheart Hoya plant safe?

mmags

Location (City and/or State)
CA
Hi! I have a sweetheart Hoya plant, I’ve had it for awhile and I’m trying to find some safe nice plants for my baby Hermann’s enclosure. Does anyone know if this plant is safe?800E96F5-7A05-4186-9E28-B6A5D1592F3F.jpeg

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My Manouria eat hoya, no problem, however, they also eat a lot of other plants on the do not feed list.

On a side note, when sellers pluck leaves off the sweetheart hoya (Hoya kerrii), they're just out to make a buck at your expense. Hoya will not propegate from a leaf. Hoya needs a node to grow into a plant.

myrussiantorts

California
I have had this Hoya (don't know what sort) for about 8 years it has flowered every year and just gets bigger and bigger, this year there is a fruit on it, this fruit is about one and a half inches in length very green and looks like a pepper. I had no idea that this plant would produce fruit hoya carnosa tricolor care. What do I do with the fruit, has anyone else had this happen?
It would be a Hoya Kerri. I have no idea what to do with the fruit, thought.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have had this Hoya (don't know what sort) for about 8 years it has flowered every year and just gets bigger and bigger, this year there is a fruit on it, this fruit is about one and a half inches in length very green and looks like a pepper. I had no idea that this plant would produce fruit hoya carnosa tricolor care. What do I do with the fruit, has anyone else had this happen?
How exciting! Being a real Hoya fan, I would be thrilled to find such a prize. It may be full of seeds. I would try to grow them. Please post a picture for us. I have MANY varieties of Hoya and never ever have I seen them produce fruit.