Surinam Cherries....FINALLY!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I planted 3 Surinam Cherry bushes at least 2.5 years ago as supplemental food for my Redfoot group.
In keeping with my horrible gardening habits, I planted them and completely ignored them!
This morning there were parrots squawking in the back yard. To my surprise, they were eating cherries!
I finally have cherries.
I only gathered about 20 for my tortoises to share. But it feels like a small victory.

Attachments

• 20200531_133223.jpg
    20200531_133223.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 8

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to see some cool new Redfoot locale I haven't seen before lol.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I planted 3 Surinam Cherry bushes at least 2.5 years ago as supplemental food for my Redfoot group.
In keeping with my horrible gardening habits, I planted them and completely ignored them!
This morning there were parrots squawking in the back yard. To my surprise, they were eating cherries!
I finally have cherries.
I only gathered about 20 for my tortoises to share. But it feels like a small victory.
I used to see those things growing all over in South Florida. It's like a vine right?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am growing hen and chicks for my tortoises. I still am really bad at it, which they require nothing..LOL

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Ya I don't think that's the same thing I remember.
Every Florida kid ate some of these....and then you'd remember that every other cherry has a worm in it.
Purple is one step past Red.
The purple ones without a worm are delicious.
However, these days they are 100 tortoise food.
I also give some to my Superworm and Cricket colonies to feed my Chameleons

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I finally have cherries.
Why did I think I was about to see some baby cherry redfoots when I clicked on this thread.. smh. but cool ?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Every Florida kid ate some of these....and then you'd remember that every other cherry has a worm in it.
Purple is one step past Red.
The purple ones without a worm are delicious.
However, these days they are 100 tortoise food.
I also give some to my Superworm and Cricket colonies to feed my Chameleons
Ok yes these are the ones I remember then. I don't why but I thought they were on a vine.