Supplementing and Diet advice needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Hi there!
So as some of you know, I bought a Leopard Tortoise a few weeks ago.
Just as an update, she is doing good and pittering about her big pen(I made it larger by a few feet because my parents allowed me to :p )
She wanders in her pen and soaks up the warm sun rays, and when its too hot, she hides in her house. She is getting friendlier and lets me hand feed her and follows me around a little bit here and there. She also knows when its bed time :) However, last night, I guess she spazzed out or something, because she decided to sleep outside of the house, so I put her inside :)
But I have a few questions

Juno is being fed on a rotating diet. 2 days in a row, she will get dandelion greens and clover. The next day she will get Zuchini/squash and dandelion. And then the next, she will get some salad mix. She also grazes in her pen daily on random grasses, and she gets to leave her enclosure every other day and spends an hour out grazing in the front yard feeding on grasses, flowers(which are hibuscus and clover flowers), and dandelions.
I supplement every other 2 days. I have calcium powder which I use to dust the food.
I have a shipment of Mazuri coming and should be here in 2 weeks. I also will start getting opuntia in two weeks as well(my friend is out of town, she will be the source for opuntia).
Should there be any changes, or is this diet fine?
Her stools look totally normal and she poops everyday.
She also gets daily warm water soaks and gets sprayed 2 times a day.
Am I doing good?
Any constructive criticism or advice?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Only one and it is try not to hand feed her, we have quite a few threads on here about tortoises biting thinking people = food, but that is all. everything else sounds pretty good to me.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Oh ok. That's kinda understandable. Our scent rubs off onto the food and they think we become food. Gotcha! Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.