Supervised Playtime outside

Should Steve be allowed playtime outside?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Akihimeko

Location (City and/or State)
APPLE VALLEY
I bought an a nettened play pen(I would be sitting right next time him the whole time and not leave him unattended) that I can put over the grass in my backyard (my dad just mowed the lawn too) I wanted to know if Steven can go outside to roam inside the pen as he seemed quite interested in the outside as he was looking out the window.( After his soak I put him on the window ceil for a bit of sunlight) I watched him walk around he also went up to the screen and was sniffing.

Attachments

• IMG_20210724_095238.jpg
    IMG_20210724_095238.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 37

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I bought an a nettened play pen(I would be sitting right next time him the whole time and not leave him unattended) that I can put over the grass in my backyard (my dad just mowed the lawn too) I wanted to know if Steven can go outside to roam inside the pen as he seemed quite interested in the outside as he was looking out the window.( After his soak I put him on the window ceil for a bit of sunlight) I watched him walk around he also went up to the screen and was sniffing.
If you could build him an outdoor enclosure that's secure from top to bottom, and has plenty of hides, a shade spot and water, he could stay outdoors all day. Of course, since he's a little guy, you'd want to bring him in at night

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Actually how big/old is he?
If he is still a hatchling then you don't want him out all day. Depending on age, 1/2 hour to an hour or two. If he is closer to 3 years of age, he could stay out longer.
Best to make a proper outdoor enclosure where he can actually roam, graze, be a tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you could build him an outdoor enclosure that's secure from top to bottom, and has plenty of hides, a shade spot and water, he could stay outdoors all day. Of course, since he's a little guy, you'd want to bring him in at night
Very little ones should not be out all day.

Akihimeko

APPLE VALLEY
IMG_20210724_121841.jpg

This is the back yard grass I thinking of something like a cage cover so he cal roam about. My dad doesn't use chemicals on this area like the front yard so I presume it safe to eat.

Akihimeko

APPLE VALLEY
Be careful putting him in the front and next to a public sidewalk. He will be stolen.
Yeah only back yard we have hoa and they have a field day ? they already complain about to many cars in the driveway. I totally can sit and watch em all day ? I usually work at 1030pm to 630am so he always be inside when I can't be their to watch. My fiancee works from home lucky he can watch him when I can't.