Sunken in eyes

Smiles07

Location (City and/or State)
San Mateo, California
Hi Guys, I new to this forum, and I just got a new Russian tortoise hatchling. He/she is 3 months old. By looking at his eyes I feel like they’re little sunken. Can you please help me understand what to do. His eyes were like that since I got him, so can you please tell me are they really sunken ?
Here are the pictures (P.s., he was just done eating and has calcium powder around his mouth)
upload_2020-1-18_12-31-0.jpegupload_2020-1-18_12-31-34.jpegupload_2020-1-18_12-31-48.jpeg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Welcome and no they look fine. This was my russian at 7 months old. There eyes are kind of offset anyways. What are your enclosure/Temps/Humidity/Soaks/Diet

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpeg
    IMG_1124.jpeg
    658.8 KB · Views: 24

Smiles07

San Mateo, California
Welcome and no they look fine. This was my russian at 7 months old. There eyes are kind of offset anyways. What are your enclosure/Temps/Humidity/Soaks/Diet
Thank you so much for responding and posting picture of your little one. I am relived. :)
So for enclosure, I have a tortoise table, Temperatures ranging from 92-95F at Basking spot to 75F at the other end of the enclosure. The Basking spot humidity is around like 40-44% and the rest of the enclosure is maintained close to 60%. I use Coconut Coir and Cypress mulch as substrate. I soak him for 20mins in luke warm water every morning. Diet, in the week I had, I offered him dandelion greens, collard greens, green leaf lettuce, T-Rex Tortoise formula, Crafted Cuisine Tortoise diet, hibiscus leaves, rose petals. He tried all of them and in the last 2 days I stuck with feeding him Dandelions with Calcium powder dusted on them.
I used vitamin powder once in this week, will use again on his food next week.