Sully-sitting

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
I suppose we have to ask Chefdenoel if she has grass stains on her grins since she won't own up to farting!
No.... no grass stains.
Only chocolate grins on this Chef...
As for the “F” word..... my mom used to hit us if we said THAT word...let alone if we did it! (True story!) so ... we used to say,
“I only fluff.” ?

HOLY SMOKES! I cannot believe this woman! I asked if she would be willing to let me buy the 3X5 that she has now for Chef Archie so I can plant some things in it, and let him graze in there when Iʻm in the front of my house doing yard work or washing the cars (I donʻt have a dedicated place for him in the front, Iʻm afraid someone will steal him). She said okay, but she paid $160 for it. I have given her light fixtures, bulbs, light fixture stands, A CHE, Mazuri, things from Kapidolo Farms, TNT powder, seeds that she never planted, cuttlebones, zoomed grassland tortoise food, fresh greens from my yard and the school (since she wonʻt pull the greens from the school where broadleaf plantain is going wild). And have babysat him over all the school breaks since I was so upset at the way she took care of him. A student told me they only give him a handful of some kind of weeds in the morning, so I go out several times a day and pull bunches of plantain and nipplewort for him. Like I donʻt already have my own job to do! Okay, I gave all those things because I was worried about him, and did not expect anything in return, but is it okay that I am a little miffed that she wants me to buy the table for full price? If I am totally being a jacka** please tell me.
No you're not being unreasonable. I'm sure others on TFO will have some suggestions & are a lot smarter than me on animal authorities & pet ownership.

What's the condition of the enclosure & how long has she had it? You could say it's not worth $160 & offer her a reduced amount

Right now, I'd say "ok but i'm not giving you the money until I take him at the end of the school year." I'd collect Chef Archie at the end of school, along with the enclosure.

You can then pay her the $160 if she signs a bill of sale giving you both complete possession & ownership of Chef Archie & the enclosure. Once you get that, then he's clearly yours.

Now if you want to mess with her, you can at the same time present her with legitimate expenses & your time & deduct that from the $160 & pay her the difference. Or you can tell her you'll make payments monthly & stop making payments. Or cancel your check or cancel the credit card payment. She'll then have to take you to small claims court to collect her $160, plus court costs.

The question is do you want to rescue Chef Archie or just report her to animal authorities & hope they rescue him?

And because this involves your employment, I appreciate the bullied situation you are in. You're trying to do a good thing when you could just go to animal authorities and/or get her & your school some really bad publicity if you can get the local paper, radio or tv station interested in Chef Archie's plight.

Please, everyone chime in. We want the best outcome here.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I am just so pissed that she would expect me to pay $160 for it. Yes, I get it, I offered to pay, but $160?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Ohhh I didn’t remember the walking garbage disposal description! He’s been good so far, but thanks for the reminder. I guess more renovations are coming!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Ohhh I didn’t remember the walking garbage disposal description! He’s been good so far, but thanks for the reminder. I guess more renovations are coming!

Just want to save you even MORE money.
I am trying to figure out how you can get out of paying that $160?
My day (and night) has been crammed with soooo much cr*p that I can’t even think of a good come back!?
I will think of something though.... just give me time.
I think it’s crazy that this lady wants MORE from you after all you have been doing!
Jan was right in saying to make up a contract that when you pay the $160–
THAT SULLY IS OFFICIALLY YOURS!!!
But maybe type that in very small print.
Kinda like lawyers do but don’t want you to be able to read... ?
She will never know what hit her! ?
When she asked for him back after vacation... you pull out the contract and show her that she signed over her rights of him TO YOU! ?
Perfect!
Done!....
Now...... let’s solve world hunger ..

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I guess I don’t need the table that badly. It was nice cause he was familiar with it and wouldn’t freak out at having a new one, it was already made but crap, for that much I should just make my own. I can probably make one, it isn’t like steeplechase for goodness sakes!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I guess I don’t need the table that badly. It was nice cause he was familiar with it and wouldn’t freak out at having a new one, it was already made but crap, for that much I should just make my own. I can probably make one, it isn’t like steeplechase for goodness sakes!
Keep an eye out on Craigslist. JSShefield finds the best stuff for torts, as well as rescue torts.

Besides you got all those tools, doncha?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Yep got all them tools that hubby can’t seem to find cause they dont fall into his outstretched arms ??
I've been given strict instructions to not touch hubby's tools. OTOH, my father-in-law had 15 of everything. I figure when hubby divvies up sets with his brother, I'll sneak into the shop, get my own set & hubby will never notice he has only 6 sets instead of 7.