Sully-sitting

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Found out why he enjoys his soaks do much:
1. She didn’t soak him often, maybe once a month when she could spare the time and wasn’t jogging

2. She was using water from the tap

Come on summer!

What a horrible woman!
We can only pray and hope that one day SHE gets reincarnated AS A TORTOISE with a bad owner.
I do believe in an “eye for an eye”. ??

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I know it’s sad. I think maybe it’s just that she’s young and since her family has some sullys she wanted to get one not knowing how much time, money, and PROPER husbandry would be required. I wish she would let me have him now instead of at the end of the school year, it shouldn’t matter if the kids will miss him. But at least I can take him home on the weekends and give him a little vacation. Seeing that green smile is worth it?. Except when he’s eating his poo ? ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I know it’s sad. I think maybe it’s just that she’s young and since her family has some sullys she wanted to get one not knowing how much time, money, and PROPER husbandry would be required. I wish she would let me have him now instead of at the end of the school year, it shouldn’t matter if the kids will miss him. But at least I can take him home on the weekends and give him a little vacation. Seeing that green smile is worth it?. Except when he’s eating his poo ? ?
He'll grow out of it when you get him on a better grazing schedule. He's just trying to survive the best way he knows how.

When the gang shows up in your backyard, we'll get him on the party schedule!!

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I was wondering how you got him home from school. Do you walk him tge whole way or just on campus until he gets fed & then drive? Poor guy!!
Sorry Jan! I canʻt remember if I answered your question. I let him eat and when it gets late, cool, or heʻs full, then he gets put in a carrier and into the car we go. Heʻs usually good in the carrier but sometimes he does poo. Surprise

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Sorry Jan! I canʻt remember if I answered your question. I let him eat and when it gets late, cool, or heʻs full, then he gets put in a carrier and into the car we go. Heʻs usually good in the carrier but sometimes he does poo. Surprise
How's the little guy doing?? No place I'd rather be than Hawaii right now. It's snowing here... i'm so done w/snow. If the gang was flying out of DIA to help rescue Chef, our flight would be delayed...

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Hi! He’s doing well, I’ve been wondering if it’s too stressful taking him home and back every weekend. It’s snowing again? I don’t blame you for wanting to move! I enjoyed snow for the first 2 times when I lived on the mainland, by day 3 I was over it. So pretty to look at but living in it was pure misery. What else has been going on?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hi! He’s doing well, I’ve been wondering if it’s too stressful taking him home and back every weekend. It’s snowing again? I don’t blame you for wanting to move! I enjoyed snow for the first 2 times when I lived on the mainland, by day 3 I was over it. So pretty to look at but living in it was pure misery. What else has been going on?
Been trying to pack & move out of house in Boulder while trying to go thru my pack rat father-in-law's home in Cheyenne. I may never get the dust out of my lungs. You can only snort, hack & cough up just so much w/o coughing up a lung.

Poor Chef....this lady does realize we don't own our animals, that we're just their caretakers, doesn't she?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I suppose we have to ask Chefdenoel if she has grass stains on her grins since she won't own up to farting!

No.... no grass stains.
Only chocolate grins on this Chef...
As for the “F” word..... my mom used to hit us if we said THAT word...let alone if we did it! (True story!) so ... we used to say,
“I only fluff.” ?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
HOLY SMOKES! I cannot believe this woman! I asked if she would be willing to let me buy the 3X5 that she has now for Chef Archie so I can plant some things in it, and let him graze in there when Iʻm in the front of my house doing yard work or washing the cars (I donʻt have a dedicated place for him in the front, Iʻm afraid someone will steal him). She said okay, but she paid $160 for it. I have given her light fixtures, bulbs, light fixture stands, A CHE, Mazuri, things from Kapidolo Farms, TNT powder, seeds that she never planted, cuttlebones, zoomed grassland tortoise food, fresh greens from my yard and the school (since she wonʻt pull the greens from the school where broadleaf plantain is going wild). And have babysat him over all the school breaks since I was so upset at the way she took care of him. A student told me they only give him a handful of some kind of weeds in the morning, so I go out several times a day and pull bunches of plantain and nipplewort for him. Like I donʻt already have my own job to do! Okay, I gave all those things because I was worried about him, and did not expect anything in return, but is it okay that I am a little miffed that she wants me to buy the table for full price? If I am totally being a jacka** please tell me.