Sully-sitting

Cherryshell

Location (City and/or State)
Manassas Virginia
Not to throw cold water on the plans but I don't think telling the parents or principle that the tortoise could potentially carry/transmit a harmful disease would work out well as they could then say that Snoopy could potentially carry the disease from the tort itself. The other plan as far as telling the teacher that the tort died over the Spring Break could work unless the teacher gets suspicious and askes for the body for burial.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Same point I was going to make as well. I view the yellow bump disease (because I can't spell the bacteria name) as potentially harmful to all animals, if not humans too.
o_O Austwickia Chelonia? copy and paste is a wonderful thing. I was going to say I thought that was a sully thing. What a dingbat! I will tell the teacher who will scoff, and the principal when probably doesnʻt care anymore. I think they see it as I will do/say anything at this point to get him. I will, however, check him out for those bumps. It was so sad this morning he would only peek at me from his hide. I hope he isnʻt getting like KarenSoCalʻs turtle and turn into a super shy and scared tortoise.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I pulled up the pictures from another thread that had biiiiig zoomed-in pictures and spoke very loudly about it to a few coworkers. The principal sits behind me, so I know she heard me. Some other people came around and were asking about it and said that I should tell the teacher/owner. Another coworker asked if it was contagious and I told her it was to other reptiles, but as far as humans, they are still doing research on it but since it could jump from species to species, it may be communicable to humans too. I just made that last part up, but hopefully that will make SOMEONE think twice about having the tort up there.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I pulled up the pictures from another thread that had biiiiig zoomed-in pictures and spoke very loudly about it to a few coworkers. The principal sits behind me, so I know she heard me. Some other people came around and were asking about it and said that I should tell the teacher/owner. Another coworker asked if it was contagious and I told her it was to other reptiles, but as far as humans, they are still doing research on it but since it could jump from species to species, it may be communicable to humans too. I just made that last part up, but hopefully that will make SOMEONE think twice about having the tort up there.
Take ur poop to the school everyday and smear it all over the enclosure walls... they’ll get tired of cleaning it

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Take ur poop to the school everyday and smear it all over the enclosure walls... they’ll get tired of cleaning it
How about the hallway walls? Thereʻs enough of it to make artwork. His enclosure doesnʻt always get cleaned - Iʻve seen it go for days without poop being picked up and mud in his water dish. Like I said, Iʻm sure everyone is tired of me ranting and not doing anything about it, but I canʻt just go and steal him even though I joke about it. Getting him on the weekends and during Spring Break is a huge step forward. Any suggestions on how to keep him after the break? I donʻt want to start any animosity at work, people will think Iʻm nuts - tort abuse? You are crazy! They just wonʻt get it and I could possibly be fired for stealing - I donʻt think even the union could back me up on that one.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Hi! Well, I have custody for Spring Break, but unfortunately, he goes back on Monday. I have started taking him home on the weekends since I found out for sure that she does not feed him over the weekend. He has been acting really skittish the past week, (pulling his head in when I try to pet him) and I hope it isnʻt from the kids torturing him, I hope he gets back to his curious self soon. The really good news is that she will give him to me after school ends for the year. Iʻm looking forward to fully adopting him at the end of May!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hi! Well, I have custody for Spring Break, but unfortunately, he goes back on Monday. I have started taking him home on the weekends since I found out for sure that she does not feed him over the weekend. He has been acting really skittish the past week, (pulling his head in when I try to pet him) and I hope it isnʻt from the kids torturing him, I hope he gets back to his curious self soon. The really good news is that she will give him to me after school ends for the year. Iʻm looking forward to fully adopting him at the end of May!
Congratulations ! I am so glad, and I'm sure he will be too.
Angie

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
? I just went up to give the guy some treats - found some yummy cactus pads that just happened to be in my bag and the poor guy came running out (running as much as torts can I guess) when he heard my voice. As he was munching on the pads the teacher came out and said wow, I guess heʻs hungry, I forgot to feed him yesterday. Whaaat? His enclosure is right outside her classroom door. I mean, door > enclosure. Right. There,

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
? I just went up to give the guy some treats - found some yummy cactus pads that just happened to be in my bag and the poor guy came running out (running as much as torts can I guess) when he heard my voice. As he was munching on the pads the teacher came out and said wow, I guess heʻs hungry, I forgot to feed him yesterday. Whaaat? His enclosure is right outside her classroom door. I mean, door > enclosure. Right. There,
I don't think I've ever forgotten to feed any of my pets! Fortunately, a sulcata tortoise can easily survive a day without food... but still. It's also so cute that he "ran" out!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Jan! Get the damn trash can on! We’re taking a trip

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I keep treats in my work bag and collect weeds and stuff that he likes that are on campus. My high maintenance Russian turned his nose up at the cactus pads this morning so I threw them in my bag. Sometimes I just take Chef Archie and let him go walk around and munch. Since itʻs an elementary school, we arenʻt allowed to use pesticides anywhere so he can graze pretty much anywhere.