Sully-sitting

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I just told the teacher I was taking the tort over the weekend because it was too cold and she said "Really? That would be great!" Whhaaaaaat????? I saw my opening so I told her that I wouldnʻt be bringing him back. She pondered a little while and asked if I really wanted him, because she had been thinking about what I said and in her heart she knew that she couldnʻt take care of him and that I would take great care of him and she appreciates everything I do. *Jaw hits the floor* So we made a deal of sorts, not the best one, but until I can dig my claws in a little deeper this will have to do for now. She isnʻt completely ready to give him up for the kidʻs sake so Iʻll take him over the weekends and through Spring Break, and when school is over at the end of May sheʻll hand over full custody. She said she loves him so much and will want pictures and updates over the summer because she will be going back to New York. I donʻt know whether to shi* or go blind. I have dragged you wonderful people into 21 pages of craziness and all I really had to do was be a little firm with her. Now we can all celebrate! Lets see, the IROC and stay on the mainland, stairs are no longer involved, mugging, macing and trash can lids are moot now. :tort::tort::<3::<3::<3::<3::tort::tort:
Congratulations!!! That’s freakin awesome!

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Glad to hear the good news, now you can share your pictures with the Forum. Mission was accomplished, no hostages and no injuries. Who ever was bringing the beer. Have one for me.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I just told the teacher I was taking the tort over the weekend because it was too cold and she said "Really? That would be great!" Whhaaaaaat????? I saw my opening so I told her that I wouldnʻt be bringing him back. She pondered a little while and asked if I really wanted him, because she had been thinking about what I said and in her heart she knew that she couldnʻt take care of him and that I would take great care of him and she appreciates everything I do. *Jaw hits the floor* So we made a deal of sorts, not the best one, but until I can dig my claws in a little deeper this will have to do for now. She isnʻt completely ready to give him up for the kidʻs sake so Iʻll take him over the weekends and through Spring Break, and when school is over at the end of May sheʻll hand over full custody. She said she loves him so much and will want pictures and updates over the summer because she will be going back to New York. I donʻt know whether to shi* or go blind. I have dragged you wonderful people into 21 pages of craziness and all I really had to do was be a little firm with her. Now we can all celebrate! Lets see, the IROC and stay on the mainland, stairs are no longer involved, mugging, macing and trash can lids are moot now. :tort::tort::<3::<3::<3::<3::tort::tort:
Excellent. Now work towards bringing him in once a week. This tort has done his time & then some. Way to go girl!! I knew you could do it!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes, I decided that I will take him home tonight (Eddie Money) and use the ruse that itʻs almost Spring Break, and since I sully-sit him during the break anyway, might as well keep him till break is over. Then when break is over Iʻll just beg her to let me keep him because Iʻm needy like that. Make her think I have the problem with tortoises, we can both act like she isnʻt an abuser and I have problems. Well, I have problems anyway but thatʻs another thread. And you can all come over for a stress-free vacay and we can get drunk and end up with sand in various body cavities.

I would tell her when the break is over that he died. Just went to sleep one night and never woke up! Ta-Da! Case closed , tortoise saved, and we STILL come to visit and get drunk WITH your “new” tortoise ?
(He can have a Malibu Bay Breeze with me).
?