Sully-sitting

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
Hello, I am still very new here and have a couple of questions about sulcuta care. I will be baby-sitting a 2 year old tortoise for about 2 weeks and would like to know if there is anything specific I need to do? I have a Russian and I know they have different needs. He will be kept outside during the day and indoors at night. The information I’ve found here is a couple of years old so I wasn’t sure if there was more up to date information that I should be following. And from information found here I WILL NOT even consider putting them together. Thanks so much for your help!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
This is a great thread and up to date. The only diff w a 2 year old would be that you could miss some soaks( depending on its health) any other questions feel free

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
This is a great thread and up to date. The only diff w a 2 year old would be that you could miss some soaks( depending on its health) any other questions feel free
He can fit into a baseball cap, I’m not sure how much he weighs. I’m in Kailua, HI and the morning temperature is about 72 F with afternoon temps around 85F. I’ve soaked him before in a dishpan (hīs mom doesn’t soak him very often) so hopefully he can get a couple spa days with me. Thanks for the info!

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Spend the 2 weeks thanking God that he isn't 20 years old. ?

Because then you would have to build a fortress for him! ?
Yeah... I’ve read some of your horror stories ?. I may have forgotten to tell my folks that their pristine years is gonna get a little upgradeView attachment 313263

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
@KarenSoCal @Chubbs the tegu it looks like I may be adopting the sully but I still have a few questions. Where do I get a fortress like the one you showed me without having to go to China? Do I really still have to do daily foot massages cause my Russian is getting jealous. Is a sullly foot fetish a bad thing? Their feet are so darned cute! I don't want his owner to think I'm lewd, you know, taking pictures of his feet.

IMG_1377.jpg

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Well, sorry to say he isn't the brightest. He tries to taste everything. Chomp! Nope, doesn't taste good....next chomp chomp umm good, chomp chomp (leaves hanging from his mouth) next...sees a pebble. mmmmmmm. Are they all like that? Compared to him, my Russian is almost petite and neat.