Sully Gaïa

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I think she was 83 this morning. Has Pickles ''crushed'' the 100's mark?

So she’s right in the middle of Pickles & Crusher.. that’s great!! Don’t think so but I weigh every Tuesday.. the difference between her & Crusher lately just blows my mind! I want to see more pics of yours!!! She handsome!!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
So she’s right in the middle of Pickles & Crusher.. that’s great!! Don’t think so but I weigh every Tuesday.. the difference between her & Crusher lately just blows my mind! I want to see more pics of yours!!! She handsome!!
Thank you Ellie, I hope Pickles will have reached 100g for the next update! Yes crusher and Bastet-Flora are very similar in weight!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Yesss, wanted her to reach 100g for 6 months...So she went from 73 to 102 in a month, very happy.20181009_073312.jpeg

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Does anyone knows why my cat is addicted to tortoise water/poop? Everyday when I soak bastet-flora I get foggy water with tort poop that I don’t dispose immediatly so my cat finds a way to drink this nasty mix. Today I decided to throw away the water right after the soak so he can’t have it because im not sure if it’s unsafe for him. However, he now is crazy, running everywhere, searching for the tortoise water, even for the first time trying to get in gaia’s enclosure probably smelling the source of his favorite drink. Btw he does have a fresh water bowl besides his food owl. So what’s up with tort poop? Is it supposed to taste good to other animals? Is there some kind of cat drug in there or is my cat just insane?

Reptilony

QC, CAN
He is now waiting patiently for the bowl to be filled with tortoise water.IMG_0556.jpg

Reptilony

QC, CAN
IMG_0565.jpg
7 months old update. Things are not going well. She has not gained any weight for the last 3 weeks. She has also not been active and not eating much. I believe this may have been caused by a too low ambient temp. So two days ago I added a light bulb bringing ambient temp to about 90 degree. So since then she ate a bit more and been much more active. I might do an halfway update for the next month because im expecting things to get better soon, hopefully...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So sorry to read this!! I thought for sure she was well on her way to greatness!!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Today Gaïa is 8 months old. It looks like she may not die after all. She was stuck for a long time at about 115g but now she is 143g! I don’t know what caused this but now she’s growing again so im very happy. The only problem is that I changed her enclosure and now I really can’t maintain proper humidity so I’ll fix that soon.IMG_0882.jpgIMG_0883.jpg

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Today Gaïa is 8 months old. It looks like she may not die after all. She was stuck for a long time at about 115g but now she is 143g! I don’t know what caused this but now she’s growing again so im very happy. The only problem is that I changed her enclosure and now I really can’t maintain proper humidity so I’ll fix that soon.View attachment 259204View attachment 259205
She'll fatten up in no time. Great news!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That is great and she looks good!! Crusher is not much bigger than her.. I guess they are just taking their time to accomplish great things!!!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Yes that is very great news thank you and it just really scares me when she’s stunted and there’s nothing I can do...Anyway can’t wait for next P&C update!