Sulcatas and kitties

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's not a good idea. One or the other can get badly hurt. I believe we have a member who's cat harmed the tortoise.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Cats LOVE to lay under the tortoise's indoor lights (and maybe use the substrate for their daily ablutions)

Yeah, it took me a long time to get my cat to stop laying in curtis’s enclosure, lol. I don’t think he was too bothered, because he would be walking around and eating normally, and my cat wasn’t paying him any attention, but it still wasn’t ideal, lol

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Maybe if they are raised together it would get them to not fight?

What do you mean “raised together”? Are you trying to permanently House a cat with a tortoise?
If you put a kitten with a hatchling, it would most definitely be harmed.
You should never purposely put another animals with a tortoise(unless for a bioactive enclosure).

jjaymeza

Fort Worth
What do you mean “raised together”? Are you trying to permanently House a cat with a tortoise?
If you put a kitten with a hatchling, it would most definitely be harmed.
You should never purposely put another animals with a tortoise(unless for a bioactive enclosure).

I agree I’m just thinking super long term my boyfriend was wanting a cat but I’m in the process of building a tortoise farm so just thought I’d hear some feed back now.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I agree I’m just thinking super long term my boyfriend was wanting a cat but I’m in the process of building a tortoise farm so just thought I’d hear some feed back now.

I would just do my best to keep her out, but if she does manage to get in, it’s no biggy if no serious damage is done.