Sulcata Won't Grow

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
the antibiotics depending on what you used can sometimes stunt the growth when used for a long time at a younger age

zweii

New York
I’ll make some more closed up photos and share them here in a bit.

If those are yellow bumps - what are those? What do they indicate?

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
if i can get a good look at them i may be able to tell you i have seen 19 now in person i really have a good knowledge of what the variations look like now. so underground (as well as many other resellers (know underground DOES NOT breed these regardless of what they lead people to believe they buy them wholesale and resell them) have been shipping babies from a source with a bacteria called austwickia chelonae. its very nasty actually and is extremely hard if not impossible to get rid of. one of the specific symptoms is lack of growth. along with things like toenails falling off, yellow spots or bumps, necrosis of the skin or pieces of skin falling off (not shed actual skin) bottom jaw falling off, swelling in the face or usually upper body etc. they can have all of these or one of these. underground has been top on the list for a while now of how many cases we have seen i have been doing the best i can to keep track of every case i can i have nearly 200+ cases on my list now from different people. IF it has this it is highly contagious to other torts and reptiles (snakes, lizards, crocs etc its even been found in some crows) and its extremely hard to treat needing systemic anti biotics. just some info on why we are asking these questions now. you can post them here or you are welcome to message me. i have been doing research and lab work on this since march of this year proving what this is on more then one subject with more going to the lab this week.

zweii

New York
if i can get a good look at them i may be able to tell you i have seen 19 now in person i really have a good knowledge of what the variations look like now. so underground (as well as many other resellers (know underground DOES NOT breed these regardless of what they lead people to believe they buy them wholesale and resell them) have been shipping babies from a source with a bacteria called austwickia chelonae. its very nasty actually and is extremely hard if not impossible to get rid of. one of the specific symptoms is lack of growth. along with things like toenails falling off, yellow spots or bumps, necrosis of the skin or pieces of skin falling off (not shed actual skin) bottom jaw falling off, swelling in the face or usually upper body etc. they can have all of these or one of these. underground has been top on the list for a while now of how many cases we have seen i have been doing the best i can to keep track of every case i can i have nearly 200+ cases on my list now from different people. IF it has this it is highly contagious to other torts and reptiles (snakes, lizards, crocs etc its even been found in some crows) and its extremely hard to treat needing systemic anti biotics. just some info on why we are asking these questions now. you can post them here or you are welcome to message me. i have been doing research and lab work on this since march of this year proving what this is on more then one subject with more going to the lab this week.

More pics:

QDA31Zk.png

79LNBSS.png

J0HAeIg.png

ol5m3EE.png

zlds9zY.png

3fjlmL8.png

xmxSW2o.png

I might be wrong, but I don't see bumps?
There's food that stuck on her nose and her butt looks dirty, but maybe I miss something?

zweii

New York
We gained 3 grams since the time of this post, I hope it’s just a full stomach, but a good sign and we’ll keep gaining weight.

Reactions: ISU

Donna Albu

5 Year Member
Peoria, Maricopa County, AZ
In my experience, (Way limited compared to the experts on here), weeks old hatchlings can range in size from a Quarter to a 50 cent piece and weigh from 16 grams to about 35. Until they max out the scale, I weigh mine on a digital postage scale - you can get one at most any office supply. I have noticed that slow growth is a sign of a parasitic infection. This could be from the start, or any time in growth and development. When the parasites have been taken care of, growth resumes. This isn't to say that slow growth = parasites, but that parasites = slow growth. There can be any number of reasons for slow growth also.

In addition to soaking, make sure your little guy always has food available - there should always be leftovers so that you can tell he's had his fill everyday. You may notice that he always leaves certain foods but always eats others. If this is the case, he probably doesn't like the ones he leaves behind. There is usually spinach in spring mix, and my 1 year old leaves those exclusively - so now I pick them out when I feed him. His water saucer should also be kept full. He needs a container larger than a tub. Once he starts growing, he'll outgrow whatever he's in quickly.

Good luck!