Sulcata with swollen front leg

JacksonE132

Location (City and/or State)
West Sayville
I have a 6 year old sulcata tortise, that's usally a pretty active guy. He usally roams the yard, but now that the weather is getting cooler he's not very happy about staying in his indoor home. I noticed about 2 days ago he wasn't eating as much.. but I thought that might be because we started giving him hay, when you usally has grass from outside. Also noticed that his armpit area is swollen, he didn't flinch when I touched it, he was moving around but not like his normal self.
I think he hurt himself relentlessly trying to break out of his winter home.
Has anyone ever had this happen or any other advice then take him to the vet(it's the weekend so the vet opens late and not at all on sunday) thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20211015_193439.jpg
    20211015_193439.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hard to say by just seeing a picture. Does he retract the leg when you touch it? Does he put weight on it? Could be dislocated, bug bite, whatever. We really have no way of knowing. You may want to go to the vet for an X-ray.

JacksonE132

West Sayville
Hard to say by just seeing a picture. Does he retract the leg when you touch it? Does he put weight on it? Could be dislocated, bug bite, whatever. We really have no way of knowing. You may want to go to the vet for an X-ray.
He puts weight on it, he barely reacts when I touch it.