sulcata tortoise Marveling??!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
i’m not sure this is normal look at the bottoms scutes of the sulcata they look as if it’s marveling or is it shell rot also my Hermanns tortoise has a pink underside and a few bumps i’ll show images
@Tom
@Yvonne G
@Markw84
@maggie18fan
Do you mean marbling?
i’m not sure this is normal look at the bottoms scutes of the sulcata they look as if it’s marveling or is it shell rot also my Hermanns tortoise has a pink underside and a few bumps i’ll show images
@Tom
@Yvonne G
@Markw84
@maggie18fan

You cannot compare 2 different species of tortoise...He looks normal to me...I don't see the pink lines of sepsis, not rot just the coloring of that particular baby. And his butt is really cute...

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Do you mean marbling?

You cannot compare 2 different species of tortoise...He looks normal to me...I don't see the pink lines of sepsis, not rot just the coloring of that particular baby. And his butt is really cute...
i wasn’t comparing 2 species, i just asking i haven’t seen a tortoise that color (sulcata) and the Hermanns i thought that’s wasn’t normal. Both are still Eating

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Both look fine and normal. The pinkish hue is vascularization to feed new growth.