Sulcata still sick - comments/critiques welcome

Gennifer11

I picked this tree storage tub up at Walmart for $30 today. It's massive compared to my baby tort. This is going to be a fun project. If imagine I'll have to get 2 CHE. I was debating doing one black at one end and then the MVB in the middle with the regular CHE on the other end.

I haven't quite figured out how I want to hang the lights or if I want to make an easy access door :/

Attachments

• 1421654432434.jpg
    1421654432434.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 16

Gennifer11

Hey guys I need some help, I've changed alot of stuff for my tort since I started this forum and I'm waiting for my enclosure stuff to come in the mail. I've kept his enclosure no less than 85, 100-105 basking, 2 baths, grass mixed in his pellets, 65-70% humidity (he's still in the open enclosure for now) treats of kale and spinach. I'm really trying to make him better until the new equipment comes. Tonight leo seemed to have a major relapse. His original symptoms are coming back. He's got a stuffy nose with boogers coming out, breathing through his mouth... do you think it's the RI, maybe could he just be getting water in his nose from bathing? I've already spent $400 on vet bills and another trip will be another $150. I'm really dreading this. I have a video but I don't know how to post it mobile...

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Aww, I hope he's okay! So is his nose runny even, let's say, an hour after his bath? They tend to sneeze when soaking which is normal, so I wouldn't worry about that.

The mouth breathing, I don't know. There could be something in his throat or he could have a RI. I hope someone more experienced can comment.

Gennifer11

I suppose I haven't really paid much attention to how long his episodes last. It's guaranteed after every bath. But I think when I took this video he was having a really bad episode and I hadn't given him his bath yet. Is it fairly normal for them to get congestion from baths?