Sulcata "squealing" or "squeaking": CONCERNED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctkee57

5 Year Member
Hey there fellow sulcata owners,

I am the owner of a hatchling suclata named Milo and my little guy is about a year old. Recently we have given Milo some changes to his environment because he was in some less than proper substrate as well as too cold in his tank, but those problems have since been fixed. Also we just started feeding him Mustard Grass and Dandelion to help him get more Calcium in his diet.

However, I have noticed he has been making a "squeaking" or "squealing" sound more frequently since we have changed his diet. I was wondering should I be concerned? I know about RNS, so I am kind of worried about that, but I am just trying to get some other opinions if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing.

Thank you so much for your responses!

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Raise the temps a little to be safe, watch for nose bubbles. Weird kind of beak clicking sounds are normal, but I don't think you should be hearing squeaks. If that's all it is right now though a good boost in temps for a while should take care of it.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Hey Ctkee57. Welcome to the forum.

Is this your first sulcata hatchling? When is your hatchling making these squeaking sounds? Is it just when he pulls his head into his shell?

Is it when he inhales?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What are your four temps? Warm side, cool side, basking spot, and night?

Status
Not open for further replies.