Sulcata Pair For Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoofWolf

5 Year Member
First Time ever posting here. I'll appreciate comments.

Pair of happy, healthy sulcatas available for trade. Raised together from hatchlings, though they're from different clutches. Erno & Ogre. His shell's about 15" long, and he weighs about 10.5 pounds. Her shell's about 9" long, and she weighs about 5.5 pounds. Have not bred them, but he seems eager. Very eager.

Friendly, gentle animals. I really want them to stay together. They've always been together, they bask, eat, sleep, travel together.

Also have a smaller female. About 6 & 1/2", just over 2.5 pounds. I adopted her. Some pyramiding, but much improved. All of my tortoises spend the warm months outside, and have good heat and UVB when in the house.Erno and Ogre 9-3-11.JPG

Willing to trade for a happy, healthy pair of pancakes, or... A pair of virtually anything other than Russians or Greeks which is guaranteed not to grow to the size of a VW Beetle.

My critters are available for pickup in the Baltimore area. I don't have the savvy to ship them.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi WoofWolf:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum. I really hope you can find them both a great, loving home!

stena29

5 Year Member
Porterville ca
If u can't find homes for them...I'm interested in them. I have a female sulcata...inside right now cause of the weather....

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Are you sure they are a male/female pair? Generally females will be larger than males, its possible the mounting you see is a showing of dominance...

WoofWolf

5 Year Member
Valid question, but... I've been told by a vet and by a couple of tortoise experts that they are male and female. Additionally, the anal scutes of her plastron are narrowly flared, while his are widely flared. And, she's not afraid to ask for directions when she gets lost -- while he wanders aimlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.