Sulcata on Craigslist

MayorMatt

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I saw this post on Craigslist

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/for/5939288569.html

While the price is too high for me, I wrote the seller to let him know that it looked like his tortoise was suffering from dehydration and if he didn't have luck rehoming him that he would probably need to increase his humidity level and increase soaking. He was very kind and was asking how I could tell so I gave him a short run down on pyramiding, hydration, uvb and malnutrition(mostly info I got from this forum ). I'm still communicating with him, is there anything else I should let him know? He's very eager to turn things around if he can't rehome. Maybe if I can give him the proper info he might become attached to him while caring for the little guy. He said the tort is his sons and his son lost interest - I've been hearing that story a lot lately. Any help would be appreciated.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tell him to check out this forum where he can get all the info he needs. They don't have to join to read the stuff. Let them know though that joining is free, so why not

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I got my first Turtle a red-ear slider for my 8th birthday I got a California Desert Tortoise on my 12th birthday thirty-plus years later I still have not lost interest. :)

Bee62

Germany
Hello @MayorMett,

if the price for the tort is to high for you mayby you can make the offer to pay the tort in several installments.

MayorMatt

Georgia
Well, it's not that I can't afford it but I can get a healthier one for much cheaper. I got my two sulcatas from Richard Fife for $150 after shipping so $175 seems steep for one tort

Bee62

Germany
Of course, you are right. Mayby you can lower the price.
Good luck.
And good luck for the tort too that he get`s into a better home, in your home.:)

MayorMatt

Georgia
I'd like to have him but I feel I would insult the owner with a low offer

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I'd like to have him but I feel I would insult the owner with a low offer

I would tell you the best thing you can do is give advice, you get a hold a of a sick tort and then you can end up spending a lot more money on it. I've read stories on here of people that end up spending thousands.