Sulcata not passing stool and white substance

nguyenda

Location (City and/or State)
California
I've own my 3.5 inch + Sulcata for a week. Since getting him, I've seen stool hanging from his tail and cleaned it. Since then, I haven't seen him pass his stool yet. I've given him soaks everyday since. Today's soak he passed white substance and that is about it. Unless, I haven't noticed it, he hasn't gone since then.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he's eating he's probably pooping. They will sometimes it their own poop. The white substance is urates. Natural, as long as it's not gritty. Should be smooth like tooth paste.
When you soak, do it in a big enough tub that the tort can move around and soak for an half hour at least or until he poops. Be sure to keep him warm the whole time.

nguyenda

California
If he's eating he's probably pooping. They will sometimes it their own poop. The white substance is urates. Natural, as long as it's not gritty. Should be smooth like tooth paste.
When you soak, do it in a big enough tub that the tort can move around and soak for an half hour at least or until he poops. Be sure to keep him warm the whole time.
Okay, just caught him eating his own poop! haha. I took most of it away. Something I need to get used too. Yuck haha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, if he eats it, your going to have to try and clean more often. I wouldn't let him eat it but if he does get some, it won't hurt.