Sulcata looking for a good home in Southern California

Michelle A.

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello. I am new to the forum. I joined in hopes of finding a new permanent home for a sulcata male, his name is Mugsley. My husband and I rescued him 5 years ago and we are no longer able to care for him. He is in good health, he's curious, he loves his exercise, he's a good eater and he needs more space. He weighs approximately 55-65 lbs. and is 9 years old. I am hoping to find the right situation and person to care for him. If needed, he has an insulated enclosure with a heat lamp. Thank you for your help.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry you have to give up Mugsley. What part of California are you in?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello. I am new to the forum. I joined in hopes of finding a new permanent home for a sulcata male, his name is Mugsley. My husband and I rescued him 5 years ago and we are no longer able to care for him. He is in good health, he's curious, he loves his exercise, he's a good eater and he needs more space. He weighs approximately 55-65 lbs. and is 9 years old. I am hoping to find the right situation and person to care for him. If needed, he has an insulated enclosure with a heat lamp. Thank you for your help.

A picture might get you more interest too.

Kevn Horton

Tehachapi, ca
I have a female looking for a friend to share her She-Shed with, would your mail still be available I live in Tehachapi

Michelle A.

California
Hello Kevin,
Thank you for your post and response. I apologize for the delayed reply. That is wonderful. Can you send some pictures of your yard/area?

Nessa

5 Year Member
Arcadia, CA
Is the tort still available? I know someone that has been wanted to adopt one now for sometime. He has an enclosure set up, and still making modification to the insulated outdoor house. Lots of grass for grazing.

Michelle A.

California
Hello Nessa,
Yes, we are still looking for a permanent home. I received your previous post. Are you looking for yourself or for someone else?
Do you or the other person have experience with Sulcatas? What part of California are you located in? Can you please forward some pictures of the enclosure? What is the size of the space?