Sulcata is screaming please help

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If he poops but still screams, then he might be trying to pass a stone. Tortoises that have been kept too dry or have been fed foods containing a lot of oxalates, develop kidney/bladder stones. This will show up on an X-ray.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Didn't know a tort could scream ! I used to have a rabbit that would scream when she didnt want to be picked up, more like defense mechanism from
a prey animal. She was in good health. But boy was it a terrible scream !

I liked the mineral oil on lettuce idea. Thats sounds like something to remember !

Good luck with your tort !

Sosamuk

Still no poop, I've driven him around and nothing, I'll keep bathing him everyday until ext Wednesday and of nothing happens I'll take him to the vet.

Can someone recommend a UK website to buy food and minerals from?

Aspirerite

If its constipation try feeding aloe vera if you have any its a natural laxative. Buy a book or be prepared to do endless hours of study and cross checking information. Most information is old wife's tales. Go to the tortoise trust website you can find lots of info there and they can also help you before its to late

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Did you try mineral oil. Just a little bit on lettuce. It worked for my Leopard even after surgery and the vet couldn't get her to poop. She was so constipated she had stopped eating and the vet wanted to do a feeding tube. I said no, took her home. Gave her a salad with mineral oil dressing and less than 48 hours later. Tada poop .

Sosamuk

I have been searching the Internet for mineral oil and can't find any reference, I don't want to but the wrong thing can you suggest where or what to buy?

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
5042815235.jpg