Sulcata irritation

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Mary Knobbins is an ornery, obnoxious beast who makes trouble where there isn't any. I had to change her pen last year because there simply was too much to entice her. She flipped a tire over on herself and I thought she had run away, anyhow. So it's winter, Mary is in a different, bigger, safer and boring pen. I open her door every morning and she has the ability to come and go. But her pen is just mud. So I am supplement feeding her now. So anyway, she's walking her perimeter in the rain and mud, and somehow she found a store of cherry pits from the neighbors tree. I don't know how.
She even has a guilty look on her face
100_4480.JPG

Emmawilly

Plymouth
Mary Knobbins is an ornery, obnoxious beast who makes trouble where there isn't any. I had to change her pen last year because there simply was too much to entice her. She flipped a tire over on herself and I thought she had run away, anyhow. So it's winter, Mary is in a different, bigger, safer and boring pen. I open her door every morning and she has the ability to come and go. But her pen is just mud. So I am supplement feeding her now. So anyway, she's walking her perimeter in the rain and mud, and somehow she found a store of cherry pits from the neighbors tree. I don't know how.
She even has a guilty look on her face
View attachment 315215
That's a cool name, Mary Knobbins... How did you come up with that one?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
That's a cool name, Mary Knobbins... How did you come up with that one?
When I was called to take a tortoise from the local wildlife people and my first glimpse of him, he was badly pyramided and I thought he looked like a dirt bike tire, hence, Knobby.
Then time passed and evidently Knobby had a sex change operation and developed female parts. Knobby's very special friend named him/her. And it's a freakin perfect name for a prima donna
100_4272.JPG

Emmawilly

Plymouth
When I was called to take a tortoise from the local wildlife people and my first glimpse of him, he was badly pyramided and I thought he looked like a dirt bike tire, hence, Knobby.
Then time passed and evidently Knobby had a sex change operation and developed female parts. Knobby's very special friend named him/her. And it's a freakin perfect name for a prima donna
View attachment 315254
Great story! Lovely picture. I have (did have!) a nice garden filled with pretty plants, flowers and vegetables. We got an adult sulcata in August and he has bulldozed through borders, raised beds, bushes and a fence!
Mary Knobbins sounds like a great character!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is truly amazing ?