Sulcata for adoption

Kamerus88

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hey everyone,

I have a 18inch, 8.8kg Male Sulcata up for adoption here in South West Florida.

This lovable chap was kept in a bath tub with a terrible diet until a friend of a friend sent the word to one of my veterinarian co-workers. She was able to procure the tortoise and gave it to me to get back into shape and eventually place.

We did have a small scare involving lesions in the mouth of the tortoise, which I panicked about (assuming the worst) and had the tortoise tested for Herpes and Mycoplasma. The lesion resolved within a week and the tests came back negative for both issues. (My concerns can be found in the Tortoise health sub-forum).

I mention this because I want a future owner to know that there was indeed a scare and even though the tests were negative there is a possible chance of some disease in the animal. That being said, "Fritata" as I have dubbed him acts like a perfectly healthy, normal Sulcata. Eats and moves amazingly and has wonderful solid fibrous feces, showing no other symptoms of disease other than the now resolved lesions.

The best kind of home for Fritata would probably be someone with a large yard but with fewer tortoises and large quarantine area in order to play it on the safe side just in case my panicking worries about the lesions were to become true in the future.

If you are interested in our "little guy" Please Private message me. I am willing to drive and or meet in other spots in Florida to give this guy a home, and I am also willing to ship to someone who has a known track record in terms of shipping tortoises (something I have never done).

We just want the best for this guy and if we had a larger space would likely be keeping ourselves!

Thank you for your time!

P.S.

I can also send photos via email if you are interested

mfishmanm

im in florida i can take it in

Kamerus88 said:
Hey everyone,

I have a 18inch, 8.8kg Male Sulcata up for adoption here in South West Florida.

This lovable chap was kept in a bath tub with a terrible diet until a friend of a friend sent the word to one of my veterinarian co-workers. She was able to procure the tortoise and gave it to me to get back into shape and eventually place.

We did have a small scare involving lesions in the mouth of the tortoise, which I panicked about (assuming the worst) and had the tortoise tested for Herpes and Mycoplasma. The lesion resolved within a week and the tests came back negative for both issues. (My concerns can be found in the Tortoise health sub-forum).

I mention this because I want a future owner to know that there was indeed a scare and even though the tests were negative there is a possible chance of some disease in the animal. That being said, "Fritata" as I have dubbed him acts like a perfectly healthy, normal Sulcata. Eats and moves amazingly and has wonderful solid fibrous feces, showing no other symptoms of disease other than the now resolved lesions.

The best kind of home for Fritata would probably be someone with a large yard but with fewer tortoises and large quarantine area in order to play it on the safe side just in case my panicking worries about the lesions were to become true in the future.

If you are interested in our "little guy" Please Private message me. I am willing to drive and or meet in other spots in Florida to give this guy a home, and I am also willing to ship to someone who has a known track record in terms of shipping tortoises (something I have never done).

We just want the best for this guy and if we had a larger space would likely be keeping ourselves!

Thank you for your time!

P.S.

I can also send photos via email if you are interested

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
mfishmanm said:
im in florida i can take it in

Hi and welcome Mfishmanm! Could you please go to the inroductions area and tell us a bit about yourself?

ckromulus

5 Year Member
I am in the west palm beach are and have an 700sq ft outdoor enclosure with heated deck box if this tortoise is still available. I'd love to take it in. Please let me know.