Sulcata Female for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I saw this darling female crossing the street in our neighborhood. I've posted flyers to see if anybody is missing her but haven't gotten a response yet. If nobody claims her...my wife and I have agreed to sell her to a good home. I really don't know how old she is maybe somebody out there can let me know. She seems to be in great shape and well cared for.

Please let me know if you are interested. I live in Chandler, AZ.

Attachments

• Sulcata 1.jpg
    Sulcata 1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Sulcata 2.jpg
    Sulcata 2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Sulcata 3.jpg
    Sulcata 3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 66

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
How do you know that she is a female and why would you sell a tortoise that you found? Don't you just want to adopt it out to a good home?

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I'd be really pushing to find the owner of this tort rather than selling, if no owner then adopt it out. Why profit from someone elses loss? I would have to say she's not well cared for - the pyramiding shows that.. granted he/she is of decent size but that in no way denotes general health.

I have sometimes not seen RV for days in a row as I work nights - in Chandler AZ.. - and I would be highly miffed to find she had somehow made it out of my yard and the guy down the street was gonna sell her because I didn't realize she was loose.

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hey Guys - thanks for the feedback. Let me clarify a few things because I think several assumptions have been made:

1. I'm waiting at least 2 weeks for the owner to contact me. I've posted numerous flyers around the neighborhood and will continue to do so. I agree with Sharkstar - if my little guys got out I'd want somebody to return them to me as well.
2. If at that time I have not been contacted I will be searching for a good home for this tort. This will include interviewing the potential new owners to makes sure they have had some experience and facilities to take care of her.
3. If I can sell her to a good home rather than give her away - I'm going to sell her. Sorry - just being truthful. I don't think there is anything wrong with that - but you're entitled to your opinions.

Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please remember that the classified ads are not for "chatting" about the posts.

Also, the tortoise is too small to know it is female.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
If he/she could get to Los Angeles, I would take him/her in a heartbeat. I just don't want to (and won't) pay for shipping again (as I had to with Cricket).

Just curious, what's his/her "fee"?

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emysemys said:
Please remember that the classified ads are not for "chatting" about the posts.

Also, the tortoise is too small to know it is female.

please define chatting. I think talking about this tortoise, its intentions, the situation is very useful and much needed to determine proper ownership.

I strongly believe 100% that said "chatter" should be allowed, because just like the previous "female sulcata for sale threads", females somehow always turn out to be males.

So I will like to ask this owner of the thread to post pictures of the plastron (bottom shell) and tail to help determine sex. And what is the length in inches of the tortoise without including the head or tail?

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
Measured her/him this morning and she/he is 9 inches. Smaller than I had guesstimated. I took pictures of the bottom of the shell and tail. Will post the pics when I'm home from work tonight.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
TOK DADDY said:
Measured her/him this morning and she/he is 9 inches. Smaller than I had guesstimated. I took pictures of the bottom of the shell and tail. Will post the pics when I'm home from work tonight.

I replied to your PM, but have not heard back.

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
Good news - the owner called and confirmed the type of Tort they were missing. She's actually back home with her owner.

Thanks to everybody who was interested. Happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.