Sulcata eye problem! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
ok I have 4 sulcata hatchlings, and one has an eye problem for some reason, the rest are doing fine, this one has like a green almost unnoticable line like thing on his eye, its only in part of the eye, i picjed him up and then some green liquid came out, im really worried, i have done a lot to keep them healthy so i dont know whats going on, they other eye is ok, but its like when he wakes up it has some clear stuff on in and he rubs it off, its only him, the rest dont have this problem at all

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi ninja,
Sorry, I can't be of any help. I would suggest going to a vet.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
*update* yea i checked on him just now, his eye is open but still has some stuff on his eyelid, the top one, and his eye seemsjust slightly bigger than other, or it could be that it is closed more, its kinda tricky to tell

do you guys know how i can find a reptile vet around me, i live in cerritos california if that helps, I have had no luck finding one, theyre all mostly specialize in dogs or cats, although they might have reptile experience but i would rather take them to a vet with reptile experience, thanks for your time

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
You could try rinsing out the eye...with some saline solution... See if it helps....

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
It sounds like an eye infection , I would defentaly get the eye cream Maggie posted about and put that on there and see if it gets better after a week or so and then if it doesn't spend the money on the vet because if you take him to the vet its going to probably cost you a lot and that might not even be needed.
Then u just try to find what caused the problem and try and eliminate it.
I hope your cute little baby gets better :(

If you could get a picture of what the eye looks like with all the nasty green stuff you were talking about would really help everyone help you. I know thats probably really hard to get a picture of though.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
do you think its scratched or something in the eye? not using a coil bulb right?
try rinsing... be careful what kind of meds you use.. if its a wound and you use the wrong stuff, it can make it worse..

pk2610

5 Year Member
NinjaTortoises said:
*update* yea i checked on him just now, his eye is open but still has some stuff on his eyelid, the top one, and his eye seemsjust slightly bigger than other, or it could be that it is closed more, its kinda tricky to tell

do you guys know how i can find a reptile vet around me, i live in cerritos california if that helps, I have had no luck finding one, theyre all mostly specialize in dogs or cats, although they might have reptile experience but i would rather take them to a vet with reptile experience, thanks for your time

I just obtained a flyer from my local PetCo regarding vet in my area. So I called the vet this morning and they told me they see reptiles. I never been there myself but this place should be pretty close to you. I left have their phone number at home but the name is ARC Animal Hospital located at Colima Road, City of Industry, CA. There is also one in Fullerton from the vet list in this forum.

Good luck to your little tort.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Clear fluid/mucous isnt bad, normally produced daily, but during the threat of infection u will notice an increase in fluids/mucous, if the infection is not fought off mucous/ fluids begin to take a yellow to green appearance.. At least this is the way it works with us humans.. Go with the ointment that was advised above, these people know their stuff, good luck

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
Thanks a lot everyone for your help, its very much appreciated, I will buy it and I will still take him to the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.