Sulcata Bladder Stone Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DozerCooley

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hi guys! Great news coming from Dozer.. she's pooped 3 days in a row now and seems to be getting quite the little appetite back!! :) She goes for her post-op vet appointment this Thursday and she'll be retested then to see if the sepsis has gone away fully yet or not and hopefully we'll be told she can stop wearing her bandages and begin getting real soaks again!! Thank you all so much we couldn't have gotten through this without all of your support! Please still keep her in your thoughts as she still isn't 100% yet and still has at least another months worth of antibiotics to keep the sepsis away.

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hi guys! Great news coming from Dozer.. she's pooped 3 days in a row now and seems to be getting quite the little appetite back!! :) She goes for her post-op vet appointment this Thursday and she'll be retested then to see if the sepsis has gone away fully yet or not and hopefully we'll be told she can stop wearing her bandages and begin getting real soaks again!! Thank you all so much we couldn't have gotten through this without all of your support! Please still keep her in your thoughts as she still isn't 100% yet and still has at least another months worth of antibiotics to keep the sepsis away.
Great news [emoji2] I'm so pleased for you all. Fingers crossed and prayers for as continued good recovery.

DozerCooley

New York
Hi all! Dozer is doing fantastic! She had a follow up appointment yesterday and everyone was extremely impressed with how well she's doing. She's got her appetite back, she's going to the bathroom regularly and she's back to snooping around the house with the rest of the crew all day. All in all I'd say almost fully recovered. Thanks for asking! I really appreciate all the amazing support from everyone that helped Dozer, as well as me, through this process.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Great news! I am sure you are a little relieved. Way to go Dozer you are living up to your name.

lisdndo

Los Angeles, CA
Dozer seems to be making slow but steady progress. She's been sunning herself most of the day and only comes out to walk around a little bit and go sun herself some more. She usually eats a small amount each night after her back scute soaking and bandage changes but today she was actually up and eating some this morning and throughout the day as I was watching on camera. I think she's heading in the right direction just much slower than we were hoping for. But as long as a full recover is somewhere on the horizon we'll take any little baby step in the right direction. We are currently trying to get her humidity levels higher and we also bumped up her temperature between 5-10 degrees as well yesterday. Thanks for all of your continued support. I truly think it makes a difference with all of the positive thoughts coming her way! Hopefully our next update will bring even better news!
Hello! I'm new to this forum and super late to this thread but I'm curious to know how Dozer is? How did her recovery go? I ask because I have a one year old sulcata tortoise that may need to get surgery to remove a piece of tile in her intestines but I was told the survival rate of such surgery is really low. Any news will help me make a decision 🥺🙏

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello! I'm new to this forum and super late to this thread but I'm curious to know how Dozer is? How did her recovery go? I ask because I have a one year old sulcata tortoise that may need to get surgery to remove a piece of tile in her intestines but I was told the survival rate of such surgery is really low. Any news will help me make a decision 🥺🙏
We never heard back from Dozer.
What is the tile made of and about how big?
Have you had a x-ray done?

Status
Not open for further replies.