Sulcata biting arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulcatatortoiseman

5 Year Member
Hey guys I just saw today that my sulcata was trying to bite its arm for some reason??
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

sammi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Hmm..maybe he saw specks of food leftover on his arm? Thats the only time Ernie ever tried to bite his arm, but then I pulled off the bits of food and he ate them off his plate =]

Sulcatatortoiseman

5 Year Member
sammi said:
Hmm..maybe he saw specks of food leftover on his arm? Thats the only time Ernie ever tried to bite his arm, but then I pulled off the bits of food and he ate them off his plate =]

he din't have anything on his arm.And another thing.When he moves his head sometimes it make a like a wet clicking sound.Maybe he is still wet from his bath?I don't know..

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
It might be. Check in the folds of his skin waaay down on his neck, and use a washcloth or paper towel to dry it out. If you have a hard time keeping his head out of his shell, pick him up, and tilt him backwards so that he's kind of standing on his feet, normally that'll make Ernie stick his head out if hes being stubborn. Oh, and if your fingers don't fit you could use Q-tips.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I wonder if it could be mites or ticks making him bite his arm?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I saw Hermy doing that a couple of times a while ago, he was biting his arm for no reason, there was no food on it. He stoped after a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.