Sulcata and Leopard housed together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve426

5 Year Member
I was just wondering if it would be insane to house a young Leopard tortoise with a young Sulcata? The Sulcata is around the 4" mark and the Leopard is a little smaller. I know that husbandry for both are very similar and was just wondering if any other members have house these two types together before.
Thanks

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
I have, with no ill effects, but the sulcata will quickly outgrow the leo and you wil have to separate them....

100_0016.jpg

samstar

5 Year Member
My stars and radiated share the same living conditions, I have housed them together for over 8 months with not a single problem. My good friend has housed his stars with radiated's for many years with no problems. Again the both of us deworm them yearly and make sure they get the best of health.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I highly recommend against it. Even thought they are both African, they don't cross paths and since they've been in the states, who knows what either of them have picked up.

Also, and even more importantly, their personalities are a total mismatch. This can cause chronic stress which can hamper the immune system and lead to sickness or death.

Just Know that you'd be taking a big risk. A gamble. You'd have better luck gambling in Vegas in my opinion. ... and the house usually wins in Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.