Suggestions needed!!!

hlim18

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
HCMC Vietnam
I'm visiting my family back in Korea and I will be gone for a week, but I do not have anyone to give them to for a week. Any suggestion, can my tortoise survive without food for a week, they're around 1~2 years old?.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I wouldn't leave them for that long without someone coming in to check on them and feed them at least every other day. The most I will leave mine is 4 days. However, of those four days, they are really only alone two days. The day I leave and the day I come home makes up the other two days. So I can still take care of them before I leave and when I get home. Do you have someone that can come in and check on them and feed them?

hlim18

5 Year Member
HCMC Vietnam
No, their is not really alot of people that can come and feed it, cause it's vacation time here so most of m close friends left to their home countries. I heard that their was an way to plant vegetables inside the enclosure? If i can do you have any idea or suggestions of how to doing it and can you suggest me some good vegetables to plant? That would be awesome!

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I have left my guys for 10 days before. Put in loads of food, put in a few plants, and put my lights and stuff all on habistats. Everything was fine.

hlim18

5 Year Member
HCMC Vietnam
So I have to put in alot of amount of food, but I have no idea of how to keeping them safe

daveon

5 Year Member
I wouldent suggest it they could flip on the first day u never know my first thing I do after a days work check tortoises if they flipped or anything

alan88k

5 Year Member
daveon said:
I wouldent suggest it they could flip on the first day u never know my first thing I do after a days work check tortoises if they flipped or anything

This is what exactly I'm gonna say...