Suggestions for my tort table...

CarlP97

My tort table is going to be 36 inches by 30 inches, and that is the biggest I can make it right now because I live in an apartment. The barrier around it is going to be 7 inches high. Is that too short? I'm in a wheelchair, so I can't have it too high. I'm going to make it out of pine wood, but I heard that pine is bad for tortoises. I'm on a budget, so could I use pine? People also recommended that I seal it with drylok, but are there other inexpensive ways of safely sealing it? ( like vinyl tiles on the inside to prevent water damage.) If you all have any suggestions, please let me know. As for the size, I can't make it any bigger as of now. An outside enclosure is out of the question due to living in an apartment. I have a picture of what I plan on having my tort table look like.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1424813723.572480.jpg

Got the picture from online. (Not my table. Just an idea of what I want it to look like.). My russian tortoise is no older than 2 years old (I got her in August 2014). She'll be happy to be out of the current medium sized tank that I bought when I got her.