Suggestions for a substrate?

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Will do.. they are digging up the soil for the new landscape so im pretty sure no chemicals in there.. plus im washing my beddings first before i put them in to get rid of unwanted dirt and small rocks..
That is a good idea. Small rocks could be swallowed by your torts and could cause intestinal problemsThey try to eat everything. Crazy torts !

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Ok yes, definitely Testudo graeca terrestris, the Mesopotamian tortoise (what we inaccurately dub as “Golden Greeks”) you can read a bit about them on my site hermannihaven.com in the “Other Testudo” section.

Jackdonna

Dubai
Ok yes, definitely Testudo graeca terrestris, the Mesopotamian tortoise (what we inaccurately dub as “Golden Greeks”) you can read a bit about them on my site hermannihaven.com in the “Other Testudo” section.
Thanks a lot!! Ill be reading your article today.. will try to grab some photos of the soil today before collecting them just to make sure.. plus ill be getting their diet from the local garden shop here.. the plants and diets recommended for them are not widely available here in the middle east. Yet again, im very cautious about their diet.. strictly greens.. mustard green and kale..

Jackdonna

Dubai
That is a good idea. Small rocks could be swallowed by your torts and could cause intestinal problemsThey try to eat everything. Crazy torts !
Yes they are! To be honest my wife gets jealous sometimes! i told her i need to take good care of them coz they’re still young and very prone to illness and all.. ill be posting their place as soon as they moved out of their old ones..

Bee62

Germany
Yes they are! To be honest my wife gets jealous sometimes! i told her i need to take good care of them coz they’re still young and very prone to illness and all.. ill be posting their place as soon as they moved out of their old ones..
You are a good tort daddy !:D:D:D