Sudden activity and soaking all day

Location (City and/or State)
Mexico City
My RF King which is about 4-6 months old usually sleeps all day, is up for a few minutes and doesn’t move out of his hide. Today he was active since about 10:40 am to now (3:14 pm) I took him outside because I thought he wanted to go for a walk and play in the grass and after a hour I put him back in his enclosure. I figured that would be enough to tire him out but he was still active! He was walking all around his enclosure which is very rare (I was a little happy seeing him enjoy it), but then he started soaking. He was soaking since 12 pm (3:14 now) and still hasn’t came out the tub. He isn’t drinking water or anything, he’s just sitting there doing nothing. I’ve had him for about a month now and this sudden activity is something I’ve never heard about. He sleeps under a 25w heat emitter keeping his hide at 78-83F and the tank at 74, humidity level is at 76-83%.
I give him vitamin A supplement everyday.
Has this happened with your baby torts?

Attachments

• 9D5484B3-9623-42D9-A172-A330B6E2E2C9.jpeg
    9D5484B3-9623-42D9-A172-A330B6E2E2C9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 68277A21-A653-4FFF-BBC1-AA2EF9B37146.jpeg
    68277A21-A653-4FFF-BBC1-AA2EF9B37146.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14

1289Gabe

San Diego California
My RF King which is about 4-6 months old usually sleeps all day, is up for a few minutes and doesn’t move out of his hide. Today he was active since about 10:40 am to now (3:14 pm) I took him outside because I thought he wanted to go for a walk and play in the grass and after a hour I put him back in his enclosure. I figured that would be enough to tire him out but he was still active! He was walking all around his enclosure which is very rare (I was a little happy seeing him enjoy it), but then he started soaking. He was soaking since 12 pm (3:14 now) and still hasn’t came out the tub. He isn’t drinking water or anything, he’s just sitting there doing nothing. I’ve had him for about a month now and this sudden activity is something I’ve never heard about. He sleeps under a 25w heat emitter keeping his hide at 78-83F and the tank at 74, humidity level is at 76-83%.
I give him vitamin A supplement everyday.
Has this happened with your baby torts?
Mine soaks for some time, how long has yours been?

1289Gabe

San Diego California
Been soaking for about 4 hours now I took the dish out because he was sleeping in it for some reason.. the water was cold. Don’t know why he stayed in there
Mine normally soaks for ten minutes. I’m no expert, but something seems off. What species, when did you last give a bath?

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
My Brazilian is about 8 months now, and he went from napping a lot to having some very active days. I used to soak him every day, but I’ll find him soaking himself most days now (he has a CHE over his bath) and he will hold out for a couple hours if I don’t feed him right away. I have read a lot of redfoots love water, but hanging out that long in chilly water would be alarming to me.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Is he new to you? If so he might just be getting confident in his new surroundings and venturing out more. I have one that literally sleeps in her water dish sometimes for hours.IMG_20190316_175922278.jpg

Mexico City
Is he new to you? If so he might just be getting confident in his new surroundings and venturing out more. I have one that literally sleeps in her water dish sometimes for hours.View attachment 288404

I have been observing him for some days and he hasn’t been active since then, he just sleeps..Maybe he did get a little more confident since he started eating from my hands :)