SUDAN SULCATA UPDATE (W/ PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Just shot the Sudans right after their soaking. They hatched back in May 2012. They are not growing as fast as Tom's but they are all doing well.

The first used to be the third largest, but he is now the largest and the first to break 200g and 4"...204g to be precise.
4r7pex.jpg

The second is 196g and a hair under 4"
2dttcao.jpg

The third is 174g and 3.75"
sfh1jr.jpg

The fourth is 96g and 3.5"
14njo1c.jpg

The fifth is still a measly 62g and just under 2.75"...but she eats and is quite active...all things considered.
16869zt.jpg

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
They look great Dean! Such a range on the sizes, that always peeks my interest to no end! :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What beautiful babies! Their shells look so smooth I'd like to lick it :p Dean, are these your pride and joy?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
LOL
sibi said:
What beautiful babies! Their shells look so smooth I'd like to lick it :p Dean, are these your pride and joy?

Lol, I love my Cooper very much as anyone on here that knows my story will tell you, but I still don't wanna lick his shell! :p Thanks for the laugh!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Very good looking crew! You must be so proud of them.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
jtrux said:
Looking good, how do you house them?

They soak in the kiddie pool for half an hour (even during the winter...as long as it's sunny) before noon. They get run of the yard as long as they stay on the warm side...ground temps are usually 85 to 95F. After that, they get a mid-afternoon soaking in our spare bathroom. It's a sauna in there...and stays about 100F with 100% humidity. This is a one hour process and then it's off to their closed chamber (yes, I said it) for the night. Temps in the night quarters hover from 85-95F and around 80% humidity!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
jtrux said:
I guess Tom picked out the big ones and left you the runts!

NOPE! He told me to pick my six and he took the remaining 14. They were less than a week old at the time...so they were all the same size! Tom's methods are just vastly superior to anything I've ever seen...and his dedication to his craft is without comparison.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
That damn Tom strikes again! Guess i'll have to bug him some more then...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
diamondbp said:
Awesome future giants, jealous!!

Thanks Byron! I never got a chance to comment on your flickr! photos...talk about jealous! I'd like to see you elaborate on your sulcatas in a separate thread!:tort:

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I love the look of the one in picture number 4. So sleepy or enjoying the sun kind of look. Thanks for the update sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.