Succulents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Are all succulents basically safe for torts as part of a varied diet?
Wondering if the one pictured below is ok? I couldn't find on tort table and I have a ton of it. Benny beelines for my succulent garden every time he gets a chance, but I haven't been letting him eat cause i wasn't sure about a couple of the plants.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372695821.262178.jpg

Also, can someone advise where they order their cactus pads please, shipping to Canada is necessary

Last edited by a moderator:

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
It's a ground cover. All vines. That's basically the entire plant pictured. He's extremely determined to eat this one in particular.
I'll go grab pictures of the others in a bit. It's currently raining so can't get out to take them

farber2028

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
It almost looks like an ice plant but I don't think that's what it is. Maybe someone else can help out

did you plant it?

It also resembles purslane but most of those have more of a rounded leave I think.

redbeef

5 Year Member
it almost looks like a Crassula from the small bunch of flowers in the middle, but I'm not sure...is it all the same plant?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
It looks like something I have growing, small yellow blooms? I don't remember the name but my torts do eat it, with no ill effects.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
No, NOT all succulents are safe for them to eat. For example, some of the sedums are toxic, while others are good tortoise food.

Sorry I don't know what that one is. Can you take some to a local nursery? That's what I do when I can't figure it out.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Thanks all. I'm taking clippings of everything to my local nursery and getting it all identified. I'll post pics and names once I have them so ya'll know too

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
If you have facebook, i usually private message the people in thetortoisetable and they respond within a day.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Nice thanks for the advice. I didn't even know tort table was on FB. I'm going to look that up

Status
Not open for further replies.