substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick48

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hi all..i just got a baby hermans called marvin and the guy in the shop said rain forest substrate was ok for him or her but after looking through some sites iam now not to sure,what should i use?any help would be much appreciated..........thanks

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I don't have hermans, but I do have other baby torts and I setup there substrate, half bed a beast (eco earth, etc.) / half aspen shavings. Mine enjoy it and they go back and forth on both substrates. I also setup humid hides on each end.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I like Jen don't have hermans but I have Greeks and I use shredded Aspen and humid hides.

mick48

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
thanks....ive seen people say they are using organic earth and play sand 50/50 mix so i might try this

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Mick, I liked using organic earth and playsand but I did a mix of dirt 70% and sand 30%. Just got too heavy for me to deal with. So I shifted to Aspen.

Granolagal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Robyn and Jen, when you refer to 'humid hides' is that simply putting the 'eco earth' in your hide, or do you mist inside the hide? If so, is there a worry of mould within the hide??? My hides are on the opposite end of the enclosure than my basking lights and I am concerned that there would be too much moisture that wouldn't evaporate...

Thanks, Carley

Status
Not open for further replies.