Subadult Male Leopard Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, California
I have a subadult male leopard tortoise for sale. He is just over 8 inches in length and is a happy, healthy, and heavy boy. I'd prefer local pick-up in southern California. I'll also be attending the Pasadena Reptile Show this weekend and can bring him if anyone is interested. Asking $200.00. IMG_1988_sm.jpgIMG_1990_sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Michael, I was just wondering if you'd sold your Leopard yet or not? :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm fighting it Dawna. Noah wants a tortoise of his own, but if I get another Cherryhead (female) for Dale (which I am going to someday) then I figure Alexander will have to take them both when he grows up. I wouldn't want to split up the Cherryheads because one belonged Noah's. So I'm contemplating getting Noah his own. He loves Dale and seems to be very good with him. We'll see if I can convince my husband. I'm still not sure though. Just wanted to see if he still had him. :p

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
He is still available. Yesterday he met a young female leopard tortoise and exhibited some mating behaviors. If anyone has a mature female on the small side, he would likely be able to mate with her.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
How old would you say he is Michael? I thought the females had to be bigger then the males to mate I guess I'm wrong.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I personally saw this tortoise, and he is very healthy, active, and looks real cute! i highly recommend this tortoise for anyone that is looking for a great leopard to love.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What are Leopards personalities like? Are they shy or really friendly? Do they hide a lot or like to be out in the open?

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
all of the ones ive seen is that they are very friendly. ive never been bit. they always approach me. they eat out of my hand. and they get large, but not sulcata large, so very managable. they love to bask in the sun, and go exploring.

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
This guy can be somewhat shy outside, as he reverts to a semi-wild state. But indoors he's not shy at all. When Cory brought his female over yesterday he lost all sense of shyness. He was obviously interested in the female tortoise, and he approached Cory several times. Must have been his Army uniform...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
If Cory has a female why doesn't he buy your Leopard Michael? That would be a great match. I'm trying to talk my husband into it, but he says that they get to big and all the stories I've told him about Bob now scare him away from big tortoises. :p

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Candy said:
If Cory has a female why doesn't he buy your Leopard Michael? That would be a great match. I'm trying to talk my husband into it, but he says that they get to big and all the stories I've told him about Bob now scare him away from big tortoises. :p

leopards dont get that big. how big of a space do you have?

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I have a very lonely female, she laid some eggs this year. Gave me quite a scare and had to induce them to come out. No chance of shipping, eh???
Na

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
spikethebest said:
Candy said:

leopards dont get that big. how big of a space do you have?
I looked up the Sulcata and Leopard site that someone had posted once to read about Leopards and their needs. They say they can get to be as big as 100lbs, but that most of them stay around 30 to 50lbs. I do think I remember (and maybe I'm thinking of someone else) that Yvonne I thought had posted pictures of her Leopard (I think Maggie was in the picture) and it was quite large. Maybe Yvonne will post here and let me know if I'm right. I do have a large backyard, but I mentioned taking part of it for the tortoise to my husband and he just rolled his eyes at me. I have to laugh though because he really is a softy. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Most of the leopards in captivity don't get that big. We all have most ready access to the smaller of the two types of Leopard. The picture you saw of mine a while back was of a 25 pounder, and I think she's full grown.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Most of the leopards in captivity don't get that big. We all have most ready access to the smaller of the two types of Leopard. The picture you saw of mine a while back was of a 25 pounder, and I think she's full grown.

Yvonne

....and Tank, a pardalis babcocki, (my oldest leopard at 12+ years) is just shy of 15" SCL. Moose (my yearling) is a pardalis pardalis and is supposed to get bigger than the babcocki (hard to imagine since she's just a bit bigger than the palm of my hand right now:)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well now I'm confused because the guy at the petstore that I had bought Dale from said that when Dale is full grown he will weigh about 40 lbs. is this correct or not? Is he really going to be bigger than a Leopard?

crystalchi888

5 Year Member
chelonologist said:
I have a subadult male leopard tortoise for sale. He is just over 8 inches in length and is a happy, healthy, and heavy boy. I'd prefer local pick-up in southern California. I'll also be attending the Pasadena Reptile Show this weekend and can bring him if anyone is interested. Asking $200.00.

Hi if you still have this male leopard, I would be interested. I live in Irvine. I am new to this website, don't know how everything works. Let me know what I need to do to get in contact with you

Regards,

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.