Stunted Sulcata Growth Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
A few days ago I recieved a couple sulcatas that had hatched here a year and a half ago. The owner had no more time for them and felt it wasnt neccesary to change the light bulb every 6 months as I recommended along with all the other very detailed care aspects it takes to raise these guys correctly. Well It really makes me sad recieving them back in the condition they are in. They both have MBD and are very very small for their age, pretty bad pyramiding. Please everyone do your research and take care of you little guys.

Heres a comparison of a 3 month (left)old next to its older sister that was returned back. She is 1 year 8 months old(right). SO far they are adjusting back just fine and will get nurture treatment and be available for adoption come spring time.

Attachments

• facility 006.JPG
    facility 006.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 148

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's sad:( the two scutes by the rear, wow are they really dented in as they appear in the pic? Glad you got them back, where they will get the love and care they deserve.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah I know, I am super happy that they came back to me and not a pet store or someone that didnt know how to treat the situation. The other one is a little bigger, but their plastrons are super soft. I can do some good work with them and get them all growing normal, but not cure how they will be when bigger. But only good from here on out for these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.