Strawberries and Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

In the evening when Bob has been kept in his shed all day I bring him a treat to keep him busy so that I can clean up the floor mess while he is busy eating the treat, otherwise he gets in my way biting at the mop etc...
So tonight's treat was strawberries in my mixing cup. I set it down on the floor and started cleaning the mess. Bob likes to lay in his pile of food then he poops in it and smooches it around so I have a big mess to clean up. I hate these cold days that keep him inside. I leave his doggie door open but he sticks his face out and see's how cold it is and he decides to stay inside and he makes a mess of poop, food and pee. So I set down my cup and start cleaning the mess and I forget about his treat...but he knows where his treat is...and he goes after it...
But this first picture is a squash face, so it's older...
sy9kdf.jpg

So I am so nice as to feed some squash, and look at what he does to me...
2epn7zl.jpg

Max is now a declared female kitten not the male kitty he's been for the last 4 months, a girl kitty named Max. She has some odd habits one of which is eating tort salad. She will jump in a habitat where the babies have left some food, and she eats it. She also retrieves, she will bring the toy back over and over. So it's obvious she knows what she's doing...
124k1ts.jpg

I offered Queenie some softened Mazuri pellets and since then she has been crazed over that stuff. We had to have a discussion over eating that stuff or eating greens, as all she wants to eat is those pellets...
34ilchv.jpg

fkty1h.jpg

Max is tired of me being on the computer, this is what she looks like now
2yyuih0.jpg

So I leave the measuring cup with the strawberries in it on the floor while I start to mop and sweep and Bob went and found it...
10wqirq.jpg

wisqkh.jpg

he certainly enjoyed himself
14sek40.jpg

o5xmvt.jpg

well, this started out to be about Bob and the strawberries and it ended up being about cats n stuff...and back to berries

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Beautiful pictures Maggie!

All your animals are such characters! I love the pics, and captions. Max is a fine cat for sure.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Don't feel bad my cat sierra eats every single thing that I try to grow in my house. So I no longer have plants in my house.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awwww Bob is so clever Maggs !He sure LOVED those strawberries! So sweet, Max is still a nice name for a girl kitty :) She's really looking so lovely. As Meg said - they are all such characters!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
That is so funny, especially his expression once he dislodged his face from the cup, "So what? Do you mind? I'm eating strawberries here!"

You must have a huge capacity for tolerance to find humor in cleaning up a mix of poop, pee and food. I'd have to wear a mask; I bet the odor is a bit strong!

So it looks like the conversation with Queenie about continuing to eat her greens as well as her pellets must be an ongoing one....

Melicia

5 Year Member
South africa
I have a female cat called Max (after Max in Dark Angel). She thinks she is a dog, she's very peculiar, and she had her first litter of kittens yesterday.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Amazing pictures Maggie
:D I love Bob, he has an amazing personality. I had to have the same discussion with Hermy as the one you had with Queenie lol, Hermy loves mazuri too :D.
Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The picture with his head inside the cup was so funny! I love seeing your pictures. Keep 'em coming.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

Melicia said:
I have a female cat called Max (after Max in Dark Angel). She thinks she is a dog, she's very peculiar, and she had her first litter of kittens yesterday.

You must be sure to post some pictures of those babies...

Isa said:
Amazing pictures Maggie
:D I love Bob, he has an amazing personality. I had to have the same discussion with Hermy as the one you had with Queenie lol, Hermy loves mazuri too :D.
Thanks for sharing.

I am losing the discussion with Queenie...she wants Mazuri and won't eat greens anymore....so this morning again we will have our fight...no Mazuri, just greens...and she will leave the greens and because I think she feels light and she won't eat her greens, she will get Mazuri...I am so weak. I just can't stand it when they won't eat what I want them to eat...

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Maybe I should have Nigel talk to her! He thinks Mazuri is for walking on! I am trying to have him gain some weight, and instead, he picks out his favorites out of the spring mix, and smooshes everything else.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Max has big feet. Did you happen to catch, I think it was one of the Wierd, True and Freaky episodes, but it was all about obese animals. They had a Maine Coon cat, a dilute torty, who was 49lbs! If Max's feet are an indication, she's gonna' be a pretty big cat.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
All the pic are wonderful Maggie. Max is growing into a very lovely young feline and Queenie, well seems she got some stubborn personality from those Wonderful Greeks, (or was it Danny? J/K). And Bob what can anyone say about Bob other than what a great BIG personality and such a photogenic hansome fella. Love his head in the cup pics.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What a beautiful cat Maxine is Maggie. Bob is a character. He should be on T.V. You've got one special tortoise there. Queenie looked like she was liking the food you gave her or am I wrong? :)

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Thank you so much for my nightly laugh, I am still chucling, I love the picture of bob with his head in the cup!!! He such a character!!! Max is a beauty!!! I can't believe she plays fetch when most dogs wont! Keep the pics and stories rolling

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Maggie - your photography skills are amazing me! Bob's head in the cup and the one facing the camera (get that outa my face look) cracked me up:) Max is growing into a gorgeous kitty - looks alot like my Cricket. Wish I could have mine indoors, but both adult daughters are deathly allergic and if I ever want them to visit and bring my grandkids, it's outdoors only for the cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.