Strange yellow foot behavior

iluvtorts

5 Year Member
I purchased two tortoises at the reptile show in El Paso Tx today. the first is a female cherry head red foot approx. 8 in SCL, and the second is also a female yellow foot also approx. 8 in SCL. I have kept redfoots and other tortoises for many years. This is my first yellow foot. I decided upon arriving home from the show to give each tortoise a nice soak. I put 2 inches of warm water in the tub and put the cherry head in. She drank and immediately stretched out neck and legs like soaking in a hot tub. I changed the water and again put two inches of warm water. I then put the female yellowfoot in to soak. she immediately started to act strangely. She extended her front legs all the way out and the back legs barely out and proceeded to twitch strangely and walk around in the water. she also never put her head out at all and looked like a headless tortoise. At the show both tortoises were eating and acting curious and friendly. Both have good heavy weights , clear eyes, no wheezing or any signs of illness. both ate in the car on the way home in their crates. Has anyone else ever noticed any behavior like this before? maybe Im just paranoid. I will let them rest tonight and try to observe and feed in the morning. Thank You for any help you can give me.