Strange way to lay an egg!!

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I just happened to walk by and notice this girl hanging off the edge of the rocks laying an egg! Instead of moving her, I decided to just catch the egg so it wouldn't break on the rock below. The others got very excited about my arm being in the enclosure and one of the other girls bit me!!! This better be a good egg!!

After laying the egg she climbed back up on the rock and began to "cover" her nest. She has been digging proper test holes for the last week.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, that is just too funny. Sorry you got bit, but that's kinda funny too:p. For that sharp eye, the catching effort and getting bit, it sure better be a good egg:D

X TORTOISE---MAD X

5 Year Member
Essex England
This is fab! She must of thought oh well this spot will do in comfy!
Sorry you got bit naughty cake lol
I just got two pancakes last weekend and love them! Had cakes years ago
I also have Burmese brown too lovely tortoises. I'm in the UK and in the hunt for more pancakes but they are so rare.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
It was a love bite, for saving the egg. Never seen one come out. Omg.My girl had three eggs the first year I owned her. Has never happened again. Crazy. Hope you get a baby.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Mr.Snip goes after me if I go near his lady. Chases my hand. Hes a biter, so is his kid ihop!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ha-ha that's funny ! You got bitten by a fast striking pancake ! That's cool how many people can say ,I caught a Tortoise egg as I was getting attacked by a Tortoise .

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
I was told years ago, pancakes don't bite. HA! That's some hicky.Lol. Mr.snip hasn't got me yet. He does try. That's how he got his name, Mr. Snip.